Chapter Nineteen: That Crazy Bitch Messed With the Wrong Crazy Bitch

I spent the next week and a half doing everything alone, from eating lunch to studying; I had hardly ever done anything without Taylor by my side for more than a day or two. Whitney had kept her distance, mostly because she had a new romantic interest from one of her classes and if she wasn't "studying" with him, she was on the phone with him or "hanging out" with him.

"Walters, can I have a word with you in my office?" Coach Carello asked after practice one day.

"Yeah, sure," I said, following him back into his office.

"Have a seat," he said, sitting down in his chair, "What's going on with you?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, setting my backpack down next to the chair.

"There's something up with you the last week," he replied, "What's going on?"

"I can't tell you right now," I sighed, "But once I figure it out, you're going to have to know."

"Now I'm worried," he said, "You're not sick are you?"

"No, no it's not like that, it's just, a situation I'm in that I can't tell you about," I said, "But when it all is done with you'll understand, I promise."

"You can tell me what's going on, I'm not going to tell anyone," he said, "Seriously Tess, if you want me to keep something to myself I will, I need to know what's going on and if I can help you."

"Fine," I sighed, "But I'm shutting the door because nobody else can hear this."

"Okay," he said as I got up to shut the door.

"Kayla's blackmailing Taylor," I said, "She has an incriminating video of him that's not really of him and she threatened to turn him into the school and the police if he didn't take her back."

"Tessa, that's serious," he said, "Why didn't Taylor go to the police?"

"Because if we went to the police right now he'd get in trouble because we can't prove it wasn't him," I replied.

"How serious of an offense are we talking about?" he asked.

"Drugs," I replied, "Steroids I'm guessing. Coach, I know Taylor and I know it wasn't him. I wouldn't be trying to cover his ass if I thought he really was into drugs but I know him and I know he wouldn't get into that shit."

"I believe you," he said, "But what are you going to do about it?"

"He's going to try to get me the video file and I have someone who can make some magic happen and clear up the shitty video and prove it wasn't him," I replied.

"Why not just delete the video off her computer?" he asked.

"Because it had to originate somewhere," I replied, "There's someone helping her, I know it. Coach, please, don't say anything."

"I won't," he sighed, "But you need to come to me with these kinds of things, alright?"

"Alright," I sighed, "But please, please don't tell anyone, I don't want Taylor in trouble."

"Alright," he sighed, "Don't get yourself too wrapped up in this."

"I won't," I said before walking out of his office.

I walked back into the arena and behind the benches past the club locker rooms to go out the back door. Before I reached the door, however, I was grabbed by the arm and pulled into the men's varsity locker room.

"Holy shit!" I exclaimed as Taylor shut and locked the door behind him, "You scared me you asshole," I sighed, throwing my arms around his neck.

"Sorry," he said, hugging me in return, "I just thought this was the only place we would be able to talk."