Chapter Sixteen- Siblings Fear

Winter was starting to like the void. She didn't worry about anyone, or anything and was left alone with her thoughts. The darkness brought her peace, but she knew that it wasn't going to last long.

How she could tell? She didn't know, but knowing her luck, she wasn't going to be left alone.

No one told her to be happy, no one told her to be cheerful. She didn't have to help the Seasonal Tribe. She wasn't left alone with animals three times her size.

She didn't know what the girl was trying, but she did read 'be careful'. She wasn't the best a lip reading, so she could've gotten it wrong.

"It looks like we're by ourselves," Lily said walking into the light. She had a smile on her face, and Winter.

"Lily," Winter said. She didn't know who had spoken, it was similar. But it wasn't Lily, but somehow she knew it.

"I died. When it should've been you."

"I know," Winter said a sad smile on her face. The scene had changed to one both knew, River's house. Something she had tried to avoid, she didn't like River.

At her place, there were only painful memories about that place. Ones she wanted to forget.

"What do you mean I know?" Lily hissed. She didn't know why she looking at the building, it wasn't like it was important. She thought that Winter would have denied, being told over and over that it wasn't her fault.

"I know I should've died."

"How? Why?"

"Who did you care? Didn't you want me died?"

"Of course..." Lily said before her eyes lightening, she looked around and she could only look at her with hurt eyes.

"Lily?"

"You knew didn't you," she hissed her eyes going dark again, the expression gone. Winter only looked at her, and she knew that she was wrong. "You knew it was going to happen, that's why you were there."

"I didn't believe in dreams."

"You had the same dream and didn't tell me. What kind of sister are you?"

"I thought it was nothing, how could I have known."

"You should've believed Elder River, she knew what was talking about," Lily hissed. She couldn't believe her sister, didn't she trust her enough? Why didn't she tell her when she was scared? Or even admit that she was sad, or mad. Why didn't she admit anything. "You are like the snow. Don't you care?"

"Why did you go?" Winter didn't care that Lily compared her to the snow, she had wanted to ask her this, ever since she saw her at that clearing. "You knew, you knew that was going to happen, but yet, you still went."

"That d-"

"I asked a question!"

"That doesn't matter!" Lily shouted, her hand grabbing the side of her white dress, pulling the material up to her knees.

"It doesn't matter! You're the reason I'm dead," Lily said looking at her with her hair in her face. "And you didn't care. You didn't come, don't you love me?"

"Of course I do."

"Then why weren't you there!?"

"I was dying myself. I wanted to follow."

"Why didn't you?"

"Autumn stopped me. You told Autumn to stop me."

"It's your fault."

Children Of Frost (Book 1: Spirit Tales)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें