~One~ It's Bea. Not that hard.

Chapter One

Bea.

pron. Be-e

Girl’s name originating from Ancient Egypt.

Bea Drusilla Verena.

“Bea? Oh how... unusual”

Unusual was just a nice way of saying “That’s a freaky-ass name you got there”

But yes, in case I haven’t made it clear yet. Bea Verena is my name.

Trying to fit in is my game. Not. 

I don't fit in. At all. 

Having a name like Bea makes it extra hard. Not that my sarcastic attitude and short temper help in any way with fitting in.

You would think Bea was short for Beatrice or something like that but, no. It was just Bea. Thanks to my mother and her love for unusual names. All my siblings had different names.

So, you can imagine how pissed I was getting at the woman who was reading my passport and trying to pronounce my name “Bee-a? Is that right? No, is it B-ew?”

“B-ee. It’s pronounced B-ee” I said curtly, while placing my hand out to receive my passport back.

“Oh Bea. I see now” she said, put off by my pissy attitude and handed me my passport back quickly. “Your gate is just the next one on your right”

“Right” I muttered walking away not bothering to thank her. I mean, why thank her for telling me which gate I was going to? It was printed on my ticket and every passageway had the number in plastic letters above the entrances. It wasn’t rocket science.

I reached my gate and made my way outside into the slightly damp May air. Yes, damp weather in May. Welcome to London.

I wouldn’t have this shitty weather for much longer as I was currently about to fly out of England completely and over to my auntie’s home in Westmeath.

Yes, I, Bea Drusilla Verena , had been shipped to the middle of Ireland by my mother as punishment for my extremely horrific results I had received in my summer exams last week.

My mum was a neat-freak, a workaholic, a pain in the ass.

She didn’t really expect anything of me after my older sister Avril had received all A’s in her final exams and was now studying Law at Harvard in America. My older brothers, Jasper ,Art, Saul and Tate were all abroad travelling and studying.

Quick summary of my family;

Jasper,the oldest was living in New Zealand. He owns a restaurant with his wife Mina who, is pregnant with a baby girl. Jasper is the oldest of us all at twenty six but he’s still one of the most immature, just second to the twins. Jasper left England when he was eighteen to travel, much to my mother’s dismay and fell in love with Mina on his final year in New Zealand and he decided to stay. They were the perfect couple. His dark hair and eyes contrasted perfectly to her lighter eyes and auburn hair. They opened a café which had grown into a restaurant and was now a major success. I was probably closer to Mina than I was to my actual sister Avril and Mina lived thousands of miles away.

Art, who was twenty four, was currently travelling in India with his numerous groupies and mates. Art was the heartbreaker when he was younger at school and apparently still is wherever he travels. It was easy for all my brothers to get ladies thanks to my father’s Italian heritage leaving us all with dark hair and dark eyes. But Art was extra Italian looking,if thats possible, giving him and immense advantage with the girls.He was the also the so-called letdown until I came along. Art never completed his final year of secondary school and instead forged home letters from teachers explaining how he was a model student. He spent the free time working and saving for his travels and, of course,meeting lady friends. His three friends were in on it and when my parents found out he was already in Mexico.