~Three~ Just call me Dru

I didn’t see Niall after I exited the plane. Instead I was greeted by my aunt Saffron.

She was wearing a purple scarf draped over her shoulder which matched her purple sandals. Her dress was of an oriental design and over it she was wearing a yellow cardigan. Saffron was known for her kooky sense of style and it just seemed to get crazier as the years went on.

 “Bea my darling!” she exclaimed when she saw me

“Hi Saffy” I replied, after being pulled into a bone-crushing hug.

“How are you my dear? How’s your mother? How’s your father? How’s your brothers?” all these questions were asked quickly and with a smile while we retrieved my two suitcases from the conveyor belt. The smile only faded when Avril’s name came into the conversation

“How’s Avril?” my aunt asked with a blank expression

“I haven’t spoken to her in a long time Saffy. It always seems to end in a fight. And, in my defence, she hasn’t tried to contact me either” I explained

“Oh Bea. You're just as stubborn as your mother” she told me with a small smile

“I’m nothing like my mother” I grumbled, barely audible, while getting into my aunts rusting, purple Skoda.

“You're more like her than you care to think” Saffy said as she pulled onto the main road.

Saffron Hartwell was my mother, Alexandra’s sister. She insisted on everyone calling her Saffy as she thought it made her sound more ‘hip’.

“Francine and Sean are so excited to see you! You’re all the same age so you and Francine will probably have the same group of friends”

You would think it weird that she didn’t mention her own son, Sean , having the same group of friends but I knew better. Sean was the living stereotype of a typical nerd. He never seemed to leave the house, excluding school. He was a computer whiz. He wore thick-lens glasses which seemed to make his acne seem more visible. His typical attire was khaki trousers and plain, coloured polo shirts.

“How are Francine and Sean?” I asked not really caring for the answer

“Well Francine has really been looking forward to your visit and so has Sean. Well Sean wasn’t too bothered with you visiting but you know what he’s like Bea”

‘Yeah I do. He’s odd’ I thought

“You and Francine will get on great. She’s a smashing girl and has a great group of friends. She does really well in school. She comes off a bit forward at first. Well Bea we’re about an hour from home if you want to sleep?”

“I’ll sleep when we get there if that's ok?”

“Sure honey. Francine and I decorated your room so everything is there”

“Oh right. Thanks” and with that I plugged in my iPod and leant my head against the glass pane of the car door.

I awoke to Saffy shaking my shoulder.

“We’re here Bea. You fell asleep about fifteen minutes ago.”

I exited the car and looked around.

There was a green area in front of the house, with a large wooden fence cancelling Saffy’s garden from next doors’. The house was the last in a row of twelve. Number 112.

“Everyone’s out. Francine’s out with friends, Peter’s on a business trip and Sean is at the dentist”

Sometimes the geek will leave its natural habitat in order to maintain its dental hygiene.