II - Ace & Newt

February 10th, 2016

This is a filler. >_< I hated this chapter. Meh. Oh well. I guess you have to have boring chapters to make the good ones all that more awesome. ^_^

____________________________________________________________________________________

Chapter Two

Loki led her to his chambers, fascinated by the likely very opinionated mind that she had, and the way that she stayed in complete silence.

"I suppose you're wondering what a personal servant does?" he asked.

She shook her head. "I have a general idea, my lord."

He chuckled. "My lord. People haven't called me that in a long while."

She shrugged her shoulders. "You were pardoned. You should be given the same status as before."

He stayed quiet for a moment, then stopped in front of two large double doors. "You seem to know very much about Asgard, and yet, you are a mortal."

He saw the glint come back in her eyes. Was it possible that she wasn't?

"The guards have a habit of speaking loudly," she said.

"I see..." he trailed off, his eyes staying on her for a moment before he pushed the doors open. "A servant's quarters are connected to these ones. You will be staying there," he said, gesturing to the left of the double doors to an entranceway.

There seemed to be a separate bathroom and bedroom in the quarters, and then there was Loki's. It was, of course, about three times as large. The room was huge, it looked larger than the first floor of Seline's house in Midgard.

He turned to her, taking a key from his right pocket before holding her hands in his. He was oddly gentle, which was something she didn't expect.

She looked up at him, not a sliver of fear in her expression. That was new for him.

He put the key into the handcuffs, turning it and unlocking them immediately. She sucked in a breath when he pulled them off, and saw the red rings around her wrists. She was bleeding, and he saw it as clear as day.

His jaw clenched. Those guards had been especially rough with her, and they would pay for it. After they told him why they were so cruel.

He turned to go and get a cloth to help her, and she saw her chance.

She rushed away, running into the bathroom and quickly turning on the sink. She rubbed at her wrists, wiping the blood away as the cuts healed within seconds. Welts were only left behind, which also healed. She quickly pulled her sleeves down, as Loki called her name a few times before showing up at the bathroom door with a confused expression and a cloth in his hand.

"Are you alright?" he asked.

She nodded once. "I'm fine."

He walked forwards, looking down at her covered wrists. "I could heal y-" his eyes narrowed a little. "You aren't hurt," he said, more so stating it than asking.

"I'm fine, my lord," she said.

He nodded once, then set the cloth down.

She bit her lip once, then continued to keep her sleeves pulled down. "Is there anything you need me to do?"

"First off, take a shower and then you can change out of those clothes," he said. "You look as if you haven't changed in weeks."

"I haven't," she said. "It was the life of a prisoner."