Chapter 2

LUKE'S P.O.V

Hanna's looking great tonight.

That natural hair touched her shoulders perfectly as the wind slowly blew. Her tired face was even cute enough for me already. Well, I lied. Mom didn't ask me to ask her to come. I just wanted to have her around me so that I could show to my friends that she's a great friend of mine.

Still only a great friend.

Tonight was loud. We laughed about almost everything. These guys were my friends. So yes I wonder you're questioning about how this Toby McDonough happened to join us.

Toby and I were childhood friends. Pretty close back then. We used to roam around Orlando beaches with either one family. It's like a picnic everyday. We might not remember every detail of it, but Orlando was such a wonderful memory to me. I remember the last day my parents packed our bags and stuff to move back to Tampa. Toby and his brothers were staying at my place for a night. Bro-talks like we had a clue. Well, you couldn't tell much from kindergarten kids, but we were indeed best friends.

Two days ago Toby called me and said that he and the whole band were about to visit Tampa for a show. Here we were now; using the only free time Toby could spare us before his tight rehearsal schedule and a show this weekend.

"But not that I was shorter than Luke. He was waaaay shorter than me. He still is." Toby mocked me, spoke to a friend.

"Eeey..." I groaned. "Go measure our heights, c'mon."

"Don't hold your breath dude, we all know here I'm the fit one." He stick tongue.

"Rude."

"Let it go Luke." Hanna added a mumble from where she sat.

"Ouch!" All cheered.

My face turned tomato red. But that's okay. It's Hanna. She could mock me about anything and I wouldn't mind at all. Toby also smirked at me like he just won a life. Then I saw Hanna scanning her eyes all over Toby's feature.

Sigh, I guess he did.

"That was a great party Luke, thank you!"

"Yeah man, barbeque was out of this world."

I walked them. "Dang, too much."

"Nah. We should do it again."

"Will try to find my time again. I'll let Luke know so that he can call you all." Toby nodded to me.

"Yeah sure. No problem."

"I also want to go home." Hanna showed up with her red eyes, half-alive.

"Whoa whoa. Wait. Don't fall yet." I caught her body but too late, she fell asleep in my couch.

"Is her house far?" Toby asked. He's the only one left while everybody has drove off.

"Seven houses to my right." I got her some blanket.

"Then what, she'll be sleeping here for the rest of the night?"

"Hahaha. No. Highly unlikely, considering my mom loves her more than she loves me." I chuckled. "I suppose to bring her up to my room or get in the car and drive her back."

"Want me to help you?" Toby offered. "I can drive, while you carry her."

"Is it okay? Where's Con?"

"On his way. But I guess he still needs up to fifteen minutes to arrive."

"Alright I'll get my car key first."

I left the pass-out Hanna in my living room with Toby, as I ran upstairs to get a sweater and car key. But right when I walked back downstairs, I saw Toby staring at her face, admiring. Man, we're both dudes here. I can tell you the difference in someone's eyes. Don't fake that.

"You okay?" Toby checked on her bag. "She doesn't bring anything."

"She never does. Only phone in her left jeans pocket."

"Wow." Toby nodded and smiled.

Plot thickens, ladies and gentlemen.

We hopped into my car. Toby drove very slowly to Hanna's house by my direction. Actually I'd prefer just carry her bridal style and walk instead. But it's almost midnight. She'd be freezing cold. Besides, it's very windy outside. I didn't want her to get flu.

"Here?" Toby turned off the engine.

"Yeah. Can you open the door please?"

"Sure sure. Hold up." He came to this side and helped me with the door and her feet too.

"Luke?" Her mom opened the front door. "Oh no, what happened?"

"Maybe just tired." I smirked as I carried this girl up to her room, took her shoes off, and covered her with that one and only blanket she loved. "She was okay five minutes ago. But today was quite tiring, huh?"

"Yeah, I've asked her to take a nap this afternoon." She rolled eyes at me.

"Oh aunty, this is Toby, my friend when still in Orlando." I introduced him to her mom.

"Good evening." Toby politely hugged her.

"Alright. It's late. Say hi to uncle. I'll come back tomorrow." I walked with Toby back to the car.

"Thank you boys." Aunty waved from the window because I asked her to lock the door first.

Toby and I shared that smile. That meaningful smile. I unintendedly have just brought, even introduced Toby, to Hanna's family. Nothing wrong about that.

Only my heart asked me if there was another way not to do that at the first place.

"Oh! That's our car." Toby pointed to my carpark.

"Gotta say hi to the big bro!" I decided to ignore that dissonance feeling. "Connor!"

"Luke the maaaan!" He cheered. "What's up?"

"What's up bro! Wow, you earn that life now, huh?"

"Yeah, very lucky about that." He nodded excitedly. "I heard the party was a bomb."

"Well spent." I grabbed Toby's shoulders. "Where you guys staying?"

"Nearest to the venue." Connor replied. "Come and hang, man. Riley wants to meet you too."

"Alright alright I'll stop by tomorrow okay?"

"Sounds like a great idea." Toby bro-hugged me. "See you soon!"

"Kill 'em show!" I cheered.

"You need to come!" Connor warned me playfully.

"Couldn't say no." I waved at them. "Drive safe!"

"See ya!"

Connor drove off with Toby and I waited til they disappeared by the corner of the block. Time check, midnight o'clock. I stared at Hanna's dad's car for no reason.

Why I missed her so bad like this when she was just here couple minutes ago and the fact that I just secretly kissed her good night?