Chapter 10

HANNA'S P.O.V

"Now I'm scared."

"Hmm?"

"Your parents wouldn't like me, I think."

"Hahaha. What makes you think so?"

"What kind of girl who looks like try so hard to be with a band member that she's willing to join a ride across the city? To end up spending nights at his house? Wouldn't that look so bad?"

"To be with a band member?"

"Tobs, it's-"

"They'll like you." Toby comforted me. "Our parents are the most supportive people we've ever met in life. By supportive, I mean they're really, beyond supportive."

"I have anxiety."

"That's normal. I mean, you're the first girl I'll introduce to them in person. Ever."

"Thank you for making it twice as worse." I rolled my eyes.

"So... Our sweet little Hanna, ready to meet mom and pops?" Connor messed up with me.

"You supposed to make me feel better." I pouted.

"Ah lady, come here." Riley pinched my cheek. "I guarantee you everything's gonna be okay."

"She won't listen to me when I said that." Toby replied.

"Because we can't guarantee that about you." Connor chuckled at his brother. "You two are perfect together, by the way."

I smiled. Like really wanted to smile. Toby's face turned boiled prawn red. Well, my heart's beating fast too, but I didn't think it made me blush; yet. Riley and Connor kept staring at us two in the van, pretty much almost fifteen minutes, til we reached home.

"Boys!"

A beautiful lady around my mom's age popped her head through the front door, smiled widely. It must be Joan the mother. Wow I already liked her.

"Come on." Toby grabbed my hand. "How are you mommy?"

"We're doing great, sweet boy." She hugged her youngest son as well as smiled at me. "And she's..."

"Hanna. The one I talked to you about yesterday."

"Right! Hanna, I'm Joan, their mom. Very nice to meet you. Finally. Toby's been talking about you a lot."

"Pleasure is mine, ..."

"Just call me Joan." She stroked my hair. "Mark would love to meet you."

Soon Joan held my hand tightly and with such a warm welcome, she led me inside. I smirked at heart knowing she didn't even bother to check Connor and Riley first, even though they're still busy with bags outside.

"Mark, meet Hanna." Joan introduced me.

"Toby's friend?" He folded that big newspaper and hugged me right away. "Welcome to Orlando."

"Thank you Sir."

"Oh no, don't do it. Mark is fine."

"You two are very sweet, thank you." I nodded respectfully.

Look at me. At Toby's house, let's not forget the fact that he was the celebrity, introduced to his parents, hung out with his brothers, all was happening in such a weird circumstance. I would've not been here if Luke was not moving out. Yeah, Luke...

Luke. I was here because of him. Toby's now coming into my life because of Luke.

"Hanna? Hey, Hann, are you okay?" Toby tapped my shoulder.

"Uh? I'm sorry. Yeah I'm good."

"Want me to show you your room?" He grabbed my bag from my hands and walked upstairs.

"So I'm gonna change first..." I excused myself to Joan and Mark.

"Of course honey. Take your time." Joan nodded.

I followed Toby's steps upstairs. If I guessed it right, there were 5 rooms here. One for Joan and Mark, three for each of them, and one more room that now Toby showed me. He said that this was actually their grandparents', whenever they paid the McDonough a visit.

"Closet over here... Bathroom is right here, and Mom has prepared a clean towel and everything for you in case you want to shower. Oh and the air conditioner should be-

"Toby."

"Hmm?"

"Thank you." I hugged him tightly and I meant it. "Thank you so much for saving my life."

"Hey, that's...of course, anything I could do." He whispered back.

"I would've drowned in sadness if you didn't ask me to come with you."

"Then come with me. Everyday."

His soft voice made me chill. It was a voice of a guy with heart of gold. A guy who literally held my hand and saved me. And what's amazing? He had all reasons in the world to not do that; but he still did.

"Are you up for a walk after dinner?"

"Absolutely. Show me Orlando."

"Alright then. I'll get you to the farthest Starbucks store, so it's gonna be our reason to roam around the street at night, tonight."

I smiled. "I'd like that."

"I'd like that too." He stroked my hair. "Now take some rest, I'll knock again on dinner time."

He slowly walked outside, approached his room. Just in time as Connor and Riley unlocked their own rooms too. All three of them stared at me and smiled. God, I'm a lucky girl.