Chapter 20 - A Blast From the Past

Over the past couple of days we had visited Club Inferno, Nyte Lyfe, Magnificent, & now Shell Shock. Sarah and I swayed in the middle of the dance floor with four extremely hot shirtless guys on either side of us making it the sexist sandwich ever. I switched from guy to guy trailing my hands down their abs as the strobe light flickered. My eyes caught Sarah who gave me two thumbs up and continued to grope her dance partners. The stench of sweat filled the air but I had become immune to it over the past couple of days. The song came to an end and changed to a slower one.

"Come one ladies drinks are on us tonight!" said Abs as we made our way to the bar. When the four guys introduced themselves to us based on what they thought were their best features we thought it was kind of corny but at least it made it easier to remember. Each name fit perfectly with them Abs, Biceps, Hair, and Smiles. The bartender placed a tray of tequila shots in front us.

"To us ladies and gentlemen for the amazing night, with amazingly beautiful woman and our amazing hair that hasn't gone flat yet." Hair said with a wild fist pump in the air. We all cheered in unison and threw back our shots. "Okay we need a quick bathroom break and then we'll be right back. You two stay beautiful now." He said as they danced away giving us winks and high-fives along the way.

"Oh my gosh they're so adorable!" Sarah yelled as we took a seat at the bar. "Can you even imagine if we could just merge those four guys into one?" she sighed. "It'd make the perfect guy. I can see me marrying all of them."

"Hold on their Casanova! No one's getting married that quick." I said.

"Oh shut up. You've already found your prince charming. It's about time I found mines and what better time than the present."

"You are out of your mind Sarah." I said as I pulled my vibrating phone from my pocket. It was my alarm for Skylar's bedtime. I missed my little Sky but I knew she was in good hands. She was in the caring hands of Dalton whose hands were all over me earlier today.

"You okay over there Scar?" Sarah asked. I hadn't told her about what happened this morning. I'm sure she will kill me for holding out on her but right now surly wasn't the time to bring it up.

"I'm okay. I think I'm just going to call Dalton to check on Skylar. I just really miss her." Sarah started to protest but the sad look on my face softened her heart. I grabbed my purse and headed outdoors. The club was just around the corner from the park so we decided to park there. The parking lot that usually was partially empty was now completely full with empty cars as partygoers made their way to Shell Shock. I dialed Dalton but it went straight to voicemail.

It was the middle of summer but there was a cool wind that chilled my overheated body. I decided to take a walk around the park before returning to Shell Shock. A group of homeless people sat on the dock illegally fishing and catching quite a lot. A few older couples sat on benches cuddling and reminiscing about the good old days. I could only wish to be like them in the future. The sky was full of stars and the full moon's reflection glistened in the pond. For a moment I starred up at the stars that rarely shined their light upon us.

"Scarlett? Is that you Scarlett Newton?" A man said as he approached me. It was a strange balding man with a bulging beer belly. He was dressed in a suit but instead of a suit jacket he wore a letterman jacket. It was very tacky but maybe it was just his style. "It's me, Harold. Harold Evergreen." He said turning so I could see his name stitched on the back of the jacket. It was an official Pearl State University football jacket. Memories of Harold struggling to decide what emblems he wanted on his jacket flooded my mind.

"Harold. I can't believe it's you." I said in awe.

"Believe it. I can't believe you look just a beautiful as you were in college. You were always the prettiest little thing in the mighty lions den." He said with a laugh and a snort. I had never heard Harold snort in all our time together so it took me by surprise when he did it so loudly and uncontrollably.