Chapter 31 - Birthday Extravaganza

Have you ever been to the carnival? If you have then you could imagine how great this place looked. On the right half of the garden was a face painting booth, pony rides, a bounce house, and a miniature Farris Wheel. On the left side was a buffet of food including all of Sky's favorite from fruits cut in letters spelling her name, to heart shaped pizzas, cotton candy, and a make your own McDonalds kids meal table. It was incredible work to have only had a few hours to plan. I suppose a few hours is all that is needed to make the pink cake that sat four tiers high. There was no way I would allow Sky to keep that much cake all for herself. Patricia and Rolonda stood near the face paint table assisting the artist before laying eyes on us.

"Skylar Happy Birthday!!!" Patricia said squatting to give her a hug. "You two look absolutely gorgeous as always. I don't think Raphael has ever made a dress more beautiful than these." She said as if she had known us all our lives which she probably did by now. Someone probably slipped them our dossier with details of our background. What a great way to get to know people in a few paragraphs! "Do you like your party?"

"I love it!!!" Sky said.

"I knew you would. The theme is be a prince/princess for a day." There had to be at least fifty kids playing wearing tiaras and crowns and some parents stood to the side taking pictures of the royal birthday bash.

"Are you ready to go play?" Rolonda asked and Sky gave an excited nod. "Good but before you go your missing one more piece to your outfit." She said beckoning a maid holding a wooden box to come closer. She opened the box so Rolonda could retrieve its items. Rolonda held a sparkling diamond tiara and gently placed it on Sky's head. "It's a training tiara that clips in your hair so it won't fall off. You see everyone else tiaras are fake but yours is real but don't tell them just take good care of yours" she nodded again but this time a lot softer before darting off to make some new friends. Rolonda stood tall watching Sky with a smile I'd never seen her give before. It warmed my heart to see how far their relationship had grown.

"So who are are all these people?" I asked Patricia

"Well since it isn't out officially that Skylar is a you-know-what we had to be careful how we invited guests. Some are the workers children and other are visitors. We told parents visiting with children that someone was having a party and wanted to invite every child that came to the castle today to be a prince or princess with her. They all got a wristband that would allow them to come back into the castle after hours. Gifts were not necessary because all will be provided by us. She can open them later so the others won't get jealous of the exquisite gifts she receives. Dalton will be coming but be he has to spend a little time with each child so things don't seem suspicious."

"And what do you say when Sky calls him her dad?"

"That's all covered too! Stop being such a worry wart Scarlett. Everything will be fine. We've dealt with all the details."

"You guys really thought this through."

"Well it wouldn't have been possible without Sarah. She has a real knack for fabricating stories. I suppose thats why she's in the publishing business."

"Yes I do. You should hear the story we came up with to explain Scars absent baby daddy." Sarah said from behind scaring us all half to death. She wore a simple little black dress with red converse shoes. Always the rebel.

We partied on with kids running wild from game to game. Sky had even made friends with one of the workers daughters. They were nearly inseparable for the rest of the night. It wasn't long before Raphael showed up fashionably late with Hailee wrapped around his arm. When I laid eyes on her I nearly choked on a slice of pineapple. She was wearing the silky light blue dress I originally wanted to wear. I would say I couldn't believe it but that would be a lie. I wouldn't put it pass her to have found an identical dress to mines but Raphael only makes one of a kinds.