deux

[from 🌹🌹🌹]: Laurennnnn I was kidding ok Drake isn't overrated i love u 😭😭😭

[Lauren Rubio]: 🙄 why am I even dating u

[from 🌹🌹🌹]: I'm otw w spicy ramen

[Lauren Rubio]: I love you again

Before I'm able to stand up to clean my messy room for Alessandra's arrival, I hear my girl's distinct knock on the door. Putting my hair up in a bun, I walk to the door.

I unlock the door, and I find my stunning little loser outside with a single rose and a paper bag with takeout ramen. I thank her, then help her bring the food in the kitchen, and we start digging through our lunch.

"Fuck, this is so good," I moan out after I take my first spoonful—chopstickful?—of noodles.

"Yeah, well, I'm an amazing girlfriend. What would you do without me?"

I roll my eyes. "I still don't know how you fit your huge head through the doorway."

She throws a crumpled up piece of paper towel to my face, missing me by a million miles. We burst into laughter.

"Your aim is as straight as you. It's incredible, really."

She lightly kicks my leg. "You're an asshole."

"No, babe, I'm being honest! Why didn't you ever consider archery as a sport? Maybe even baseball! You would be an incredible pitcher!"

Her grin widens. "I bring you food and flowers, and this is how you repay me?"

I stick my tongue out. "You love me."

"I do. But you're still an ass."

"And your aim is impeccable."

-

Bright laser lights, deafening music, libidinous young adults, and overflowing alcohol.

I drifted away from this partying lifestyle the day I started officially dating Alessandra. I haven't been to a club or a party in so long, and this scene seems so naïve now. But a wave of nostalgia still hits me. God, I used to be at every party, and I have to admit, I sort of miss it.

The minute that Alessandra and I step in the club, we are greeted by a huge number of Alessandra's friends, either shamelessly flirting with me or catching up with my girlfriend.

Alessandra introduces me to all her friends, but I start feeling awkward when they all start eyefucking me. Can't they see that I have my eyes on only one girl?

"I'll stay by the bar. Catch up with your friends," I shout to Alessandra's ear when I start to feel uncomfortable.

"Are you sure? I mean... there's alcohol and stuff there."

"I can handle myself, babe."

"I don't want you to be alone."

"It's all right. I think I just saw Ben by the bar. I'll come back in a bit. Don't drink too much." I kiss her cheek, and she nods.

"Hey, Ben!" I greet Alessandra's closest high school friend as I sit beside him.

His eyes widen and give me a once over. "Oh shit, wow. You look amazing!"

"Don't I always?"

He laughs. "That's true. I'm glad you guys came! Do you want a drink? On me."