9

"Ready?" Crow asks behind me and I nod

"Ready?" Crow asks behind me and I nod. "One...Two... Three!"

I open my eyes and gasp at my reflection on the mirror. My long curly hair have been dyed into electric blue to match with my makeup. My eye lashes are long, making the pale blush that have covered my freckles barely pop out. I close my left eye, seeing the smoky eye shadow on it. My black lips smile big and greatly. I look at my outfit that Crow have picked out. A grey tank top with short black vest, a pair of black ripped jeans, a pair of two inches black high heel with fake diamonds on the back of it, black rose earrings on my ears, and a few black and grey bracelets on my wrists. My silver necklace that holds the blue gemstone under my shirt. I gasp, spinning around to check out more of me. I can smell the perfume on me. It smells so strong like coal and smoke, strong enough to cover my scent. Crow have told me she made that perfume and names it Death's Wife.

I did it. I look like a completely new and different person. I love my new look and style. I look like a badass! There's no way that my mate will recognize the new me.

"What do you think?" Crow smiles, watching me as I look at my long painted black with electric blue stripes nails.

"I love it!"  I answer happily, giving her a big hug. "Thank you. Now I know how to do this."

"You're welcome." She chuckled. "I always help a friend in need."

"So, I'll see you around?" I ask, picking up my new black spiky purse that I have replaced with my grey purse.

"You know where to find me." She playfully smirks and I chuckle.

"Ok. Maybe I'll see you tomorrow."

"Tomorrow it is. Bye."

I walk out of her apartment, taking my phone out of my purse. I get out of the building, looking at my phone. I groan. How could I? I forgot to call Sky two hours ago. I see there's a least fifty calls from her and I almost smack myself for not answering back. Well, I better do that now.

"WHERE ARE YOU!!?" Skywar asks by screaming loudly in my ear and I wince at the loud volume. Stupid wolf hearing.

"Okay, let me explain. I-" I begin, but she cuts me off.

"You better! You didn't answer me for two hours! Two fricking hours!" Gosh, when will she ever stop yelling at me?

"I made a new friend while I was looking for a new change. Her name is Crow and she did some awesome makeover on me. I feel safe with her and she have helped me. A lot." I explain, going over what happened to my day.

She remains quiet after I finish as I hop in a taxi. I tell the driver to go to the hotel and I wait for the reply. After for a few minutes, Sky says, "Okay, sorry. You have me worried to death here. Crow... She sounds familiar like I know her or something... Anyway, are you still there?"

"I'm on my way to the hotel. Maybe like in thirty minutes or so." I can sense the change of her tone. She has lowered her voice to like one of those oh moments tone.

"Okay, I won't be back until tonight. Just be careful." And with that, she ends the call, leaving me wondering what she's doing. Hm, she'll tell me about that later...

Skywar's POV:

At least she's safe. I couldn't believe it. She have found someone that I once met and this girl helped changed Paige.What is her name again? Crow... I know her somehow...

Now I remember. That poor soul that was torn apart by her own mate and was brought to me to be healed.  That's right. Once she was healed, I left to meet up with my friend. I didn't know she's here in this city. Maybe living a better life now? I wonder how she's doing.  I also wonder what happened to her mate. Is she still seeing him or what? I hope not after what he had done to her. I hear footsteps making its way to me in the dark alley and I shut my train of thoughts.

"Skywar," The black figure greets dully.

I turn around to face him. He wears all black clothing, making it hard for me to see him in the dark. I can only see the outlines of his form. I couldn't see his face and I always want to know what he looks like without his shadow masking. I claim, "Took you a while to get here, Shadow."

"Sorry, my lady. I had ran into trouble with some human polices."

"Do you have it, then?"

"Yes, but you will have to pay a price." He takes out a wooden box with Norse runes on the lid of it. There's a small lock on it.

"What do you want?" I need to get that box. It has something important in it that I really need to have.

"You promise me you will do it or the deal is off." He says, still holding the box out.

"I promise."

"I want her." I didn't dare show my shocked feeling, making myself looks serious and still. Not again. He will never stop asking me about this.

"Who? I don't know what you're talking about." I shrug, acting like I don't know what he's saying except that he have done this many times before.

"That last she-wolf. My King wants her and I must bring her to him." He claims, looking past me.

"Why does he want her? She's a wolf and he's just a mass of shadows. He can't do anything with her since she had already found her mate."

"That is personal and I can't tell you."

"Well, I guess I won't do that then." I say. I stare at the box. I really need that.

"This is my chance to take her to someone that can protect her forever. You are not doing a good job and you are not doing great, actually."

"What do you mean by that? Nothing bad happened to her here so far and I think I'm doing just great."

"He is coming. And he will find her, no matters what. You know that too. You know you could not hide her forever and you are dying. I can see and feel it. Your shadow is slowing fainting due from this war you are in. This is the only way to save your life right here and right now. Soon Death will take your life and you will no longer be able to protect this girl. Give her to us and you will live longer and free from your war. You do not give her to us and you will die. This is your last chance to make a right choice."

I bite my lower lip. He got me now. He's right and I am slowly dying from this unknown disease that's eating me away. It has been trying to shorten my long life. I have been feeling weaker each day, slowing losing my powers and strength. I couldn't do any great spells, only the basic ones. I sigh, finally deciding the choice that Shadow has been waiting for years.

"Take her."

Ooooooooh, what now? Sky is dying and she's willing to stop watching after Paige. She needs something that's in the box and that's the only way to cure her. Will this King be able to protect her from the danger? And who is this King?
Comment, vote, share, others. Thanks.
Song: The Betrayal by DTD Music
~Ghostwolf1999
Edited: May 6, 2019