C.18- Three Months Left

Chapter 18- Three Months Left

Senior Year

"Oh my gosh! Ashton! Give it to me!" I exclaimed as I ran after Ashton around the house. The damn monster won't give me my cookies!

"Not if you can't catch me!" He said laughing and looking over his shoulder with my Elmo cookie jar in his hand.

"Dude, you do know that if she caught you she'll kill you right?" Luigi asked Ashton as we passed by the game room where Pat, Joana, Dylan, Luigi and Lucas are.

"The question is IF SHE CAUGHT ME." He answered cockily and continued running.

It has been a full year after he told me about his Leukemia and everything has been great. At times he would stay at the hospital for check ups, but throughout the year he has been strong, we are all still hoping that the cancer would go away.

But the doctor's answer or the results would say otherwise. I wish Ashton could live through our senior year. I don't think I would ever survive my last year in high school without my best friend.

We eventually got tired and decided to lean against the wall next to my room.

We were both breathing heavily and laughing like crazy people. "Now t-that w-was fuuuuun!" Ashton exclaimed happily, but he seemed more tired than usual. I nodded in agreement and we both grew silent after a few minutes of laughing and hearing Ashton fart was more than enough to say that we should stop laughing.

"You farteeeeeed! Eeeeeeeeeeew!!" I exclaimed pretending to scrunch my nose in disgust.

"People fart all the time Vi, wanna see me fart in your face?" He said defending himself. I couldn't help but laugh at his craziness! Seriously, this dude makes me laugh so hard.

"Oh my gosh Ashton eeew! Its really disgusting to FART... Out loud!" I wheezed.

"Shut it princess. I'm a growing man! We fart all the time! Like one time, I was making out with Lisa from Sophomore year and I farted out loud too! So Ha! I fart! Don't forget the time you got drunk! You farted so loud people were cheering on you to fart again!" He reasoned out and now it was his turn to laugh out loud.

"Geesh! Ash no need to remind me of it! I was drunk! I even went to the pool and tried to find nemo! So stooop!" I defended sounding like a child.

"Nuh uhh! Remember at John's party? You tried to shave your head because you wanted to be like Brittney Spears! And then we asked why, and you gave me a belt and started to sing hit me baby one more time! Funniest shit I've ever seen you do! Ever!" He reasoned again.

"Oh yeah.. Stop making me remember about my drunken pasts! I was drunk! Hey remember that one time you ate some hash brownies and you were drugged?" I asked.

It was Christmas that day and we decided to hang out he brought some brownies that smelled weird but he decided to eat it anyway, not knowing that there were drugs in it.

He nodded and I continued, "You opened my closet door and asked 'Where's Narnia?' so I helped you down the stairs ad into the kitchen, and then you saw a pink sponge on the sink and asked 'Why is Patrick's color in Spongebob's body? I knew they were gay! They're having a baby!' Oh gosh best Christmas ever!" We both started laughing again.

After a few minutes of laughing and joking around we went inside my room to just talk. It was complete silence when we got in wen he decided to break it.

"I'm going to miss you a lot Vi." He said sadly.

"W-what are you talking about?"

"I-I only have 3 months left." And at that moment my walls came falling down, I cried. My best friend only has 3 months left to live. I was sobbing I didn't know what to do. Why does it have to be him?