Chapter 13- An eventful Thursday Evening

'The curve will cross the y-axis when X equals zero, which gives you y equals minus six.' I explained to Cole.

'Do you have any pets?' Cole asked admiring the living room.
We are both led down on the floor, on the fluffy rug, in my house, and I'm trying to teach Cole Quadratic Graphs. Oh and school was a drag today, as usual.

'Cole!' I groaned as I rested my head in my hand.

'What?' He asked, smirking.

'Will you please just focus?' I sighed as my eyes traced his face.
His hair was still fluffy and in a messy quiff, his eyes were now more green than blue, I prefer green, wait, no I don't. I love both.

'No, will you please just focus?' Cole mimicked my voice.

'I'm focused.' I replied fake smiling.

'Yeah, on my face.' Cole grinned.

'No!' I scoffed.

'What's nine plus ten?' Cole asked before he laughed goofily.

'Nineteen.' I sighed before I shook my head.

'Ugh, you're no fun.' He sighed.

'Okay.' I replied bluntly.

'You wanna know who is fun?' Cole asked grinning before he frowned.

'I don't care, Cole. Will you please just try and learn this?' I sighed.

'Fine, fine, fine.' Cole muttered.

'Right, so if the curve crosses the y axis on this one, what will-'

Cole suddenly poked me in the ribs to which I raised my eyebrow and poked him back. Cole poked me again and again until I decided to tackle him, even though we were already led down, I tackled his upper body, which failed so I ended up landing straight on top of him.

'You're an idiot.' I said sighing, as I looked down at him.

'You're an idiot.' He mimicked my voice as he wrapped his arm round my back, to which I got goosebumps.
I frowned slightly as we stared at each other in silence. Cole had no expression on his face, he was just staring straight up at my face.

'Honey, I'm home!!' My mum shouted as the front door slammed.

I quickly tried to jump up off of Cole but struggled to, as he didn't move his arm.
'Cole!' I hissed.

'So this is Cole!' My mum exclaimed as she entered the room with seven big shopping bags.

'Uh, yeah.' I muttered, as Cole moved his arm and I quickly jumped up to standing.

'Nice to meet you, Ms. Valentine' Cole said calmly as he also jumped up to standing.

'Oh don't call me that, call me Ms. V, or Jan, Janet, I don't know, whatever you want.' She smiled.

'Ms. V, oh wow mum.' I snorted.

'What?' She asked innocently as she placed her shopping bags on the floor next to the sofa.

'I think Ms. V is cool.' Cole smirked at me.

'How's your tutor session going? Is Liv a good teacher?' My mum asked Cole as she folded her arms.