Chapter 3: The Treehouse

Levi walked with me ways after we said goodbye to the others

Levi walked with me ways after we said goodbye to the others. I could see it in his eyes. Contemplation. He was still itching for blood, itching to run and have his revenge.

He sighed and pulled me tight into his chest for a long quiet hug. "I love you Charlie girl."

"I love you too Levi," I replied back softly.

"Take care of Ethan, alight?"

I nodded as he kissed my hair then stepped away from me a little as Lander walked to stand a few feet behind his brother with a watchful eye cast forward. I smiled at Lander and nodded before walking to where Ethan was leaning against a tree. His blue-green eyes met mine in a tired firm hold as I walked up to him. He pulled me to him and kissed my lips before nuzzling my neck. I shivered at his touch, I don't think I would ever stop shivering at his touch.

"We could always tell them to come back tomorrow?" he murmured against my skin.

I chuckled and nipped at the lobe of his ear. "No, we need to talk to them."

"You ruin all my fun sunshine," he teased before kissing the edge of my mark. I sighed as my fingers trailed up his chest. "And you drink all my damn whiskey."

I laughed as he slipped an arm around my waist. My beast wanted to nudge me forward, she wanted our mate. She was greedy. We were greedy. We would always be greedy for Ethan.

But we had to go.

We had a home full of people waiting on us, waiting for answers–for direction. We had plenty of time to be greedy later, but now, we needed to act. We needed a plan and figure out how to get the virus out of our pack.

"Come on, see if you can keep up," I said with a sly grin before bolting into the forest.

I heard a low growl from behind me. My wolf yipped as we sprung into our fur and tore off into the forest, back to our home. Our home with Ethan.

We ran hard through the forest as Ethan playfully chased us. We would nip at his legs while he would bump into us or try to trip us on the long way home.

The long way home. We couldn't take risks so Ethan and I had to run a route that took us much longer to get home, even though we were running at a pretty fast pace. It gave us enough time to think, it gave me enough time to think.

Think of our lives, our relationships, and our pack. Our pack. Our pack that was in danger. The thought of it sent my wolf in a frenzy, she didn't like the rogues being so close to her pack. She wanted to tear them up and tear up the wolves that willingly let them in.

I agreed.

Any person who uses others at their own expense; harms them, endangers lives, and treats them like they are dispensable is filth to us. We didn't want such wolves, such people, in our pack. We wouldn't have it.