Chapter 7: A Pack of Lies

I walked inside to see the back doors open in the house, letting the sweet summer air breeze through the large living room that had a group of males setting up some kind of sound system

I walked inside to see the back doors open in the house, letting the sweet summer air breeze through the large living room that had a group of males setting up some kind of sound system. They stopped and looked over at us; brows raised and mouths slightly opened.

I cocked my head to them with a raised brow and let out a warning growl which seemed to scurry them back to work. Ethan's hand linked with mine and started to pull me up the stairs, the stairs that reeked of him, Thomas.

He was here.

I could feel Ethan's veins, the fire in them starting to burn brighter and brighter. My wolf stood up as well and shook her fur out, if our male wanted to fight then she would join him. I scolded her and reminded her of why we couldn't do that just yet, much to both of our displeasure.

"Ethan you have to calm down, you're about to burn the  stairs down."

He clenched his jaw and eyed me painfully before nodding. We walked down the long hall that seemed a little longer today until we came to a door that was Ethan's. He wasn't looking at it though, he was looking at the one a few doors down from him, Thomas'.

"Come on," I said as I opened his office door and pulled us through.

There was a large stack of papers already on his desk waiting for us, and what looked like an army of sticky notes on his lamp with notes from other wolves relaying messages they had taken for him.

Ethan shut the door and groaned as he looked at his desk. "I'm going to open a window."

I walked to his desk while he walked to a big window by the old green wingback chair next to it. We had so much work to do. Inwardly I groaned as well as I looked at everything before the breeze started to graze my neck.

Ethan walked behind me and slid his arms around my belly. He rested his head on my shoulder and eyed the same stack of papers that I had been eyeing. "Coffee?"

"I'll get it," I offered. His veins needed to calm down before he could move around in the pack house a little more. "Just calm down and I'll be right back."

Ethan eyed me warily as I started to pull away from him. "Babe–"

"Ethan I'll be fine it's just coffee, I promise I will let you know if something happens." I walked to him as he leaned against his desk and looked down at his feet covered in broken in leather sandals. "You're going to have to see them eventually, just think about what I said, ok? I know it's hard, I want it as much as you do, but we have to learn to deal with it until we can handle it."

My hands slid up his chest, calming him a tad. He took a hand in his and kissed the back of it and nodded. "Alright, go get us some coffee then."

I turned and walked to the door before looking at him half over my shoulder. "Black right?"