I thought it was a party

"Come on Trish!"hurry up so we can make it!" Tess whines is my ear. I roll my eyes,"I'm drying off! Wait a minute."

We are going to a Halloween costume party that she's been looking forward to for weeks. So, in light of wanting to be a good friend, I finish drying my hair quickly.

My costume is a purple flapper, while Tess has on a sexy black cat. I was never that type, but Tess was always more into clubbing, boys and looking good.

I slip on the fitting dress, and shake my hips a little to watch the fringe fly. Then, I make my short wavy, and put on the flapper headpiece with the feather in the middle. Tess barges in my room, and attacks me with makeup. I don't resist though, it's not like she hasn't done this before.

Once she finishes, we hop into my stone age car, and she drives us to an old, dark house at the end of our neighborhood.

I step out and we hear eerily creepy music booming from the house. I'm surprised the creaky shudders aren't falling off their hinges.

We walk up the long pathway to the front yard, and Tess doesn't even bother knocking. Nobody notices us walking in, and we are absorbed into the sweating, dancing bodies.

She is disappeared in seconds, and I'm left awkwardly bring bumped by strangers. I feel a small tap on my shoulder.

A guy in a vampire costume is smiling,"Hey, I saw you were looking lost, so I thought I'd come and say hi." He says.

I smile, so cliche, so cute,"Well thank you mysterious stranger. What's your name?" I ask as he leads me to the only couch not covered in beer cans, vomit and people making out.

We sit down, and I fix my dress. "Where are you from?" He asks. "Las Vegas, but I'm not a gambler. I worked at the M&M museum." I say, blushing. He laughs,"That's neat, I remember going to that M&M store when I was a bit younger. I'm from Romania, we visited Las Vegas for my father's job."

I giggle,"Like that place where Transylvania is? Your costume is so fitting!" He smiles,"Would you like a drink?" I nod, and he grabs two cups of spiked fruit punch.  I don't mind.

We sip and talk for what seems  like hours. After a while, my mind is a bit tired. "Follow me." He insists. I agree, and we walk into a corner.

My stomach churns. "Do you trust me?" He asks. I nod,  biting my lip. I grins,  and his eyes turn red as he sinks his teeth into my neck.