Absorbed

"Come on Zeke! It's just a haunted house. Besides, someone needs to hold me when I get scared!" Dove giggles, beckoning me to the entrance. I press my lips in a line, standing firm.

"I'll never steal your food again!" My friend, Jack offers. I toss the exchange in my mind. It would be nice to keep his grimy fingers away from my food. "Fine." I grumble.

Dove squeals, grabbing my arm,"Thanks babe, your so sweet." I roll my eyes,"I know I'm just so amazing."

She laughs, and we walk to the small line up front. Signs up front read,'Beware the Witches', or, 'Don't feed the zombies'

We are huddled into a small hallway, and it begins.

The first room is a bloody doctors office. An actor with a bloody chainsaw is cutting a body in half. Dove clutches my torso hard, and Jack points,"Cool!"

I raise my eyebrows,"Yah, sure, but obviously fake." Dove stops me and pouts,"If you're going to be like this the whole time we might as well leave now!"

I sigh,"Fine, but that doesn't mean I'm going to enjoy it. It's all actors and fake blood." Dove smirks, and drags me through the next passageway.

Someone jumps out at the entrance in a bloody little girl costume yelling,"Have you seen my mommy!" Dove screams bloody murder, making me tense up.

She giggles, and we go into the next room. A girl with rotting flesh is thrashing, tied to a bed. A man is acting like an exorcist beside her screaming,"The power of Christ Compells you! Get out of God's child!"

Dove shivers, "Creepy!" I put an arm around her shoulder,"Don't worry, I'll fight them off."

She laughs,"With what, exactly?" I shoot her a smolder,"My good looks, obviously." She smiles, giving me a kiss on the cheek.

"Hey lovebirds! Keep it moving!" someone yells from behind. I flip them off and go to the next room. Another man pops out and scares even me!

He's dressed in a bloody skeleton costume. "I need a victim!" He screeches. His eyes talk on me,"How about this one!" I'm pulled back into the wall.

Dove screams for me, and Jack laughs, trying to comfort her. I smirk,"Alright alright, this is cool, but can I stay with my girlfriend?" I insist, knowing she won't want to be separated.

He plays with a knife,"No, you're one of us now." He says. My eyes widen,"W- what do you mean?" He grabs my arm, and shoved me through a doorway.

I'm absorbed in inky blackness. I can't breath, can't feel, just a thought.

In the blink of an eye, he pulls me back out. I stare down at my hands. Long, clawlike fingernails adorn my hands. "What's this!" I yell.

He chuckles, "I told you, you're one of us now."

My skin is pale as snow, my mouth complete with protruding fangs. I scent flows by my nose,"Where is that coming from?" I say, following the scent.

"Blood. Ezekiel, your a vampire. A monster. And you can never leave."