chapter 14

Chapter 14

I’m running. What I’m running from? I don’t know. All I know is I’m running through a dark forest when suddenly I tripped over a tree root. Pain suddenly fills my ankle. Then a dark figure makes its way towards me, his shadow lurking over me.

“So you thought you could out run me,” the dark voice, from inside my head, spoke. I started backing up until my back hit one of the trees behind me. The man let out a deep chuckle.

“Oh, Jealyn, it humors me how you think you can just escape me," he says, adding yet again another chuckle at the end. I gulped back in fear.

"W-who a-are you and what do you want from me?” I said with fear in my voice. He chuckled. 

"Isn’t it obvious, my dear, it's you that I want,” he responded like it was the most obvious thing in the world. He wants me?

“What do you mean you want me?” I questioned, confused as to what he meant.

“My dear, I want you to be mine and you will be mine,” he said sternly. His?! Excuse me, but I will never be his!

“Yours? Um no, I will never be yours,” I replied harshly. Suddenly his black coal like eyes started glowing a burning red. I shrank back in fear.

“YOU WILL BE MINE WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT!” he screamed in anger and I could feel the tears threatening to escape but I wouldn't let them.

“ I will never be yours! You don’t own me! I don’t belong to you! I don’t belong to anyone!” I screamed back, but that only made his eyes turn even redder if possible.

“YOU DO NOT TELL ME WHO I DO AND DO NOT OWN! YOU ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE MINE!” He screamed. 

My eyes suddenly snapped open I had tears streaming down my face and I was sweating and panting like crazy. That had to have been the worst nightmare by far. Suddenly, the door burst open causing me to jump up and shriek in fear. I calmed down a little when I saw it was only Harry. He immediately ran over to me at an inhumane speed once he saw my state and engulfed me in a bone-crushing hug, not with full strength of course.

“Sh, sh its ok,” he tried to calm me down while I cried into his chest. I felt like a little four year old as I did so but that dream really freaked me out. It all seemed so real and the pain felt so real. The door opened again this time Louis walked in. He seemed a little irritated and tired at first but his features soften once he saw my state and he quickly ran over to me.

“Aw Jea again?” Louis asked. I nodded my head and Harry just stared at him confused. Louis sighed.

“She’s been having these nightmares for a week now and I can't figure out what they're about or what’s causing them," he explained, and Harry furrowed his eyebrows together in confusion.

“Can't you just read her thoughts to find out what’s going on?” Harry questioned and Louis shook his head.

“No, no I can't, something’s blocking it," he explained.

“But what could possibly be blocking it?” he asked.

“I don’t know. That’s what I just can't seem to figure out."