chapter 16

chapter 16

“Jealyn come here!” I heard Louis yelled from downstairs. I sighed before getting up and trudging lazily down the stairs.

“Is there a reason you called me down here before noon?” I asked. Yeah I’m lazy I know.

“Ya, we have to go to an interview so you’ll be here by yourself for a bit,” Liam informed me.

“So you’re leaving me here? Alone with nobody?” I asked, and the boys slowly nodded. What if some mad killer breaks in and murders me? What if some rapist finds me? Or what if someone tries to kidnap me again!?!?

“Jea, you're going to be fine. Chill,” Louis said reading my thoughts. I started feeling calm again. Stupid vampire abilities even though I secretly want them. Shh! Don’t tell anyone though. Louis chuckled reading my thoughts and I glared at him.

“Louis stop flirting with Jealyn and let's go. Were going to be late!” Liam yelled as he started walking out the door. Once he said that I could feel my cheeks start to heat up. Louis groaned.

“I was not flirting with her!” Louis exclaimed as he followed Liam out the door.

“Whatever floats your boat,” Liam replied before shutting the door and locking it. Great, Now I’m home alone. I’m probably going to die while their gone. Then I heard a crash from upstairs. Yup, I’m going to die. I quickly grabbed a frying pan from the cabinet and slowly walked up the stairs. Yes, I know I’m smart walking towards my death with only a frying pan as protection. But hey, Frying pans worked in the movie Tangled! Great, Now I’m relying on Disney movies for protection. I mentally face palmed myself. 

Once I reached the spot I heard the noise from, I found out it was just a picture frame that was bound to fall at any given moment. The boys need to learn how to hang up a picture frame. Seriously, I thought I was going to die! You can call me paranoid but ever since I started having those dreams, I’ve been a bit paranoid. But can you blame me?

‘And why so paranoid love?’ I heard Steve’s voice say in my head. I groaned.

‘When are you going to leave me alone?’ I asked him.

‘My dear, I’m never leaving no matter what you do,’ he told me.

‘Well you're starting to get on my nerves. I hope you know that,’ I told him. He just chuckled.

‘That’s not very nice now is it?’ he questioned.

‘Who said I was nice?” I questioned further.

‘And didn’t your mother tell you to always be nice?’ he asked, I just rolled my eyes.

‘And how would you know? You don’t even know my mother,’ I scuffed.

‘Oh but I do my dear.’ I just rolled my eyes.

‘Mhm right,’ I replied.

‘Your mother, Emily Chris, married to Ethan Chris. Mother of three. Am I correct?’ He questioned. How could he possibly know that?

“T-that’s just a lucky guess. You couldn’t have possibly have known that!’ I replied.

‘But my dear, I know everything. To my understanding, you and your mother didn’t end on good terms now did you?” he asked. Its true, Before I left for the concert my mother and I had gotten into an argument.

Jealyn, I want you home by 10:30,” my mother told me.

But mom that’s not fair! All my other friends don’t have curfews!” I exclaimed.

I don’t care what other kids have! You are to be home by 10:30!” She told me sternly.

I’m sixteen! I can do what I want!” I yelled at her.

I don’t care how old you are! I’m in charge and you are to be home by 10:30! Do you understand me?” she said angrily.

I HATE YOU!” I screamed at her before walking out the front door slamming it shut. 

The words still haunt me and I regret telling her all that. And if I would have known that was the last thing I was ever going to say to her I wouldn’t have said that.

‘H-how did you know that?’ I asked somewhat scared. How could he possibly know that?

“My dear, I told you. I know everything,” he told me.

‘WHO ARE YOU AND WHAT DO YOU WANT WITH ME!’ I screamed at him.

‘Open your eyes sweetheart. Read the clues and you’ll soon find out what it is I want.’ That’s the last thing I remember before everything went black.