The meeting

EVE

I was shocked, were all these photographers here to film the new couple? I didn't like attention, and this was far beyond attention, this would be touture.

"I'm not getting out the car." I said simply as I turned to face Heath.

"What do you mean?" He asked confused.

"You heard me." I replied crossing my arms. "I'm not getting out this car."

"Why?" He asked raising a perfectly shaped eyebrow.

"I just don't...." I said slumping slightly.

"Oh, the photographers, don't worry we drive past most of them." He replied reassuringly.

"Still, I don't want to Heath." I told him again.

This time he started to look annoyed. "Eve you don't have a choice, you have to." He said trying to hide his anger, not very well though.

I didn't care, he would have to pull me out himself to even get close. "You can't just boss me around Heath!!! I may be your fiancé, I don't understand why though! But you can't treat me like I'm your slave!!" I shouted as we parked up near a bunch of photographers in front of the entrance.

"Eve please, just do this for me, then tomorrow we will do what ever you want, whatever I will pay. But please just do this for me." His blue eyes begging me to go, I just had too.

"Fine, but tomorrow we do something I want, promise?" I clarified.

"Promise." He said sparkling again, making my heart flutter. I sure liked him, hut I don't think I will ever bring myself to love him.....

HEATH

She was so stubborn. Once I got her out the car, I could see the disgust on her face when all the cameras started snapping brightly, and questions were shouted out at us. We walked briskly to the front door, where the red carpet was.

There was a man standing with a camera to take proper pictures.

"Eve smile for this one, it's official." I whispered in her ear.

"Okay." She huffed.

Then I put my arm around her waist and smiled as she smiled a dazzling smile.

"Thank you." The man said motioning us through.

When we were in I removed my hand from her waist, and took her hand instead. She looked up at me with a confused expression, then looked at our hands then back at me tear welling.

"What's wrong Eve?" I asked pulling her chin up to face me.

"Nothing" she replied pulling away.

Then we walked into the banquet hall where everyone was dancing in their pairs.

This was going to be a long day...

EVE

I was embarrassed when I cried, but the reason was simple.

When Heath took my hand, it was warm and protecting, for a minuet I felt like I was holding my mums hand, but I wasn't, and somehow I ended up crying.

************

The hall was big, and very posh, it was all white, accept for some red features splashing colour in some places. Heath still held my hand, while we walked to a drinks bar.

"Eve would you like a drink?" He asked taking out some money.

"Orange juice please." I replied smiling.

"Okay." Then he looked up at the bar man who knew him instantly.

"Heath, my man, how are you? And who is this fine lady?" The man asked winking at me. I don't know if my yes were deceiving me, but I could have sworn I saw a flicker of anger in Heaths eyes. No, I'm pretty sure I was just seeing things.

"This is my fiancé Eve, and I am fine." He replied smiling happily again.

"Oh, well hello Eve, I am James. Any drinks for you two?" He asked Heath.

"An orange juice with ice, and a glass of red wine, please." He replied handing some money. "Keep the change." He added as we got our drinks and walked over to an empty table.

"Thanks, Heath." I told him smiling into his blue eyes.

"No worries." He replied flashing a full set of teeth.

After that we met some of Heaths family, who were lovely and greeted me well. Later he managed to somehow, get me on the dance floor to a slow song.

"This has been a good evening Eve." He said twirling me round.

"It's alright." I smiled. He was great, lovely, but I could never forget the fact he pulled my family apart, and thinks he can do whatever he wants with me. I could never love him unless something changed, inside of him.

"So we have the week off school, just to do things and get used to each other, but after the wedding we go back." He told me as we walked to the front of the building to get some air. The word wedding made me fell dizzy.

I'd always hoped I would get married to someone I love, candle lit dinners under the stars, loving kisses at school, prom night with a great genuine guy, Valentine's Day which actually meant something, laughing when we go to water parks and one of us are to scared to go down a slide, meeting the family for Sunday roast dinner, all those things I'm going to miss being with this guy, whom I met yesterday, for me it was all too soon, to much to take in, way too much. I wouldn't back out though, just to make my mum and dad regret what they did, selling me.

We stood outside for several minuets, just holding each others hand. I knew I could never love him, no matter how handsome or charming. I had a feeling he wasn't just marrying me because he wanted too, I think there is something more to it, I just needed to find out what.

****Later that evening****

HEATH

"So where are we going now?" Eve asked me once we had said goodbye to everyone, and got in the car.

"To our apartment." I replied winking, but she just gave me a small smile before looking out the window once more, like before.

The rest of the drive was silent until I heard Eve gasp, I looked at what she saw, and smiled at myself; she was smiling at our apartment. It was a big white building, with massive windows. It is twenty stories high and has balconies in every room.

If she is surprised now, I want to see her reaction when she gets into our appartment.