Strange

HEATH

Eve was acting strange...different, really different. Her authoritative adult like sense had gone, I couldn't say I didn't like her cute lovey dovey way but I just hoped it was just tiredness or something to do with the baby.

"Heath what do you want for lunch?" Eve called from the kitchen. I ran out to her.

'Could I have-wait where's Joe and Lucy?" I started before seeing they weren't here.

"They went out, needed some clothes..." She smiled. "I said I would do lunch, so...what do you want?" She added opening the fridge, which surprisingly had a few salad bits.

"Just a salad would be fine Evie, don't go to to much trouble." I winked then set the table.

"I'm not eating Heath, I feel fat enough as it is, I'm going to sleep." She told me frowning.

"Evie, you look fine, anyone could tell your having a baby." I replied picking up the knife and fork before placing it in the draw again.

"Still...I'm not hungry anyway." She repeated placing the bowl of salad on the table. "Oh, do you want bread?" She asked.

"Yes, but go lay down have a sleep." I told her.

"Thanks." Then she walked away to the bedroom closing it gently behind her.

Hoping that she would feel better in a while I smiled and just waited for the others to return.

ZACK

I was furious! She had gotten away all because of Cal.

"Zack what are we going to do now?" Jen asked.

"I need to do this alone, go home Jen, I seem to fail more when you and Cal are around. I go on my own from here." I told her sternly as we walked down the street. We left Cal behind to explain the mess in the apartment.

"But, Zack...we are a team." She whispered making me skid to a stop.

"A team that fails! A team of betrayal, how do I know I can trust you." I shouted angrily.

"Because I love you..." She whispered even quieter.

My head blew up forgetting everything for a second. Then I came back to reality. "Jen go home..." I told her then I walked hurriedly away round the corner so I couldn't see her broken face.

I felt bad for a split second but brushed the image of her out my face, so that all that was on my mind was Eve and Heath.

LUCY

That was the best shopping trip I've had for ages! Joe was a total gem! He bought me four new out fits and his self five!

"Thanks Joe." I smiled as we walked up the hotel stairs.

"It's fine!" He smiled helping me with my bags.

We knocked on the door and Heath opened it straight away.

"Shh, Eve is asleep, she's been acting weird she needs to sleep." She whispered letting us in and taking some bags to our room.

"Ah, okay." Joe stifled a laugh, and I elbowed him in the ribs for being rude about Eve.

"Lunch is on the table. " Heath told us when he came back.

"Cool yum." I grinned walking to the table. "Isn't Eve eating?" I asked only seeing three place mats.

"Yeah, she's not hungry." Heath sighed.

"She'll be okay, just give her time." I tried to make him feel better but I'm not good at that kind of thing.

"Yea Heath just stay positive. She's pregnant things about her will change." Joe agreed.

"Thanks guys. Let's eat." Heath smiled, but it was strained and clearly hard to keep there.

Eve would be fine, I'm sure she will be.

EVE

I didn't dream or sleep, I just laid still and emotionless while busy people outside whispered in my favour.

I tried to get my eyes to close, but the truth is I was scared, I'd never had a baby before...that's why I've been acting strange (as Heath puts it) I feel secure when I'm with him, but now I needed that security more. I feel like I'm being watched all the time, I know I'm not and I'm being paranoid but I can't help it.

I needed friends around me, with me. That's why I was so glad when Lucy turned up, even if I don't know Joe he seems nice and I would learn to trust him too, but even if I couldn't Heath and Lucy were here, and I'm grateful.

Finally giving up trying to force myself to sleep I got out of bed and walked to the door. I walked out and smiled when they saw me.

"Eve you okay?" Heath asked worriedly.

"Stop worrying I'm fine." I waved his words off.

"Okay did you sleep?" Lucy asked.

"No, but the rest was enough, I feel fine now." I replied taking a piece of cucumber of Heath's plate.

"Well I'm glad you feel better." Heath chuckled.

And I did feel better and as I looked around this table of faces I realised I didn't need to act differently to feel more secure, because as I looked into all their eyes, even Joe, I could see we were all together in this. So I could be myself...

HEATH

Well she looked better, she was acting normal again, and she was giggling along with Lucy about baby clothes and names.

She looked happy, and it made me happy, but there was always a worry about the fact that any minuet Zack would turn up, again ripping our luck into shreds.

But for now this was enough. I looked at Joe who was smiling, he looked up at me and shrugged, surprised about Eve's change.

It was a good change though, she was back to her normal self, happy adult like, but chatty.