The view

EVE

The drive was quiet and strained, no one spoke. Heath looked between me and Cal trying to work out what was wrong with both of us.

I was angry, Cal was scared that I would tell Heath what I knew. For Cal's sake I wouldn't, but I would get more out of Heath, whether I broke his pure gold heart into one billion pieces, like he broke me and my family apart for one billion dollars.

Three things I knew for sure;

One, Heath was using me for money.

Two, he does not in one single remote way love me.

Three, he was a bastard who would pay for splitting me and my family.

*****

"We are here!" Heath's sudden voice jumped me. I turned to look at him.

He was smiling a dazzling smile which made my heart ping. He was also pointing at the Empire State Building.

"What are we doing here?" I asked amazed, I had never had the chance to go up the Empire State Building.

"I'm going to take you up there, to experience what I know you have never done before." He winked, I processed what he meant, then gasped.

"How...?" I asked stunned.

"How what?" He shrugged trying to hide a smirk. I hit him, but not with anger, with excitement.

"Ouch! Sorry, if you want to go-" he started.

"No! We are going up there Heath." I jumped up and down then hopped out the car.

A cold frosty breeze hit my face, I shivered but recovered and smiled with excitement.

"Eve wait one second." Heath said out his window.

"Okay." I was too excited to care.

Thirty seconds Heath got out the car and took my hand, for a minuet I thought I should pull away, but his hand felt ironic to him, warm and caring. So I held his hand.

"Don't we need tickets?" I thought aloud.

"Already got them!" He chimed showing me two crisp tickets with a stamp of the Empire State Building.

I smiled up at him then we burst into a sprint running to the entrance. I couldn't bring the corners if my mouth down I was so happy.

The first time I was happy to be with Heath.

HEATH

Her smile could have lighted up the whole of New York, she looked completely different to when we were in the car. She looked vibrant rather than dull, and her eyes sparkled as we walked up towards the entrance.

We showed our tickets and then Eve towed me inside.

"It's empty, it's never empty." She said slowing to a stop when we got to the first big window.

"Follow me." I whispered in her ear, I felt her shiver with pleasure.

I smiled before grabbing her hand and pulling her to second set of stairs.

******

By the time we got to the stop, I was shattered, and Eve was the one to laugh at my unfit ness.

"Come on Heath." She teased laughing at me.

"Hey! Your good at sport I'm....not so good." I said as she pulled me up the last set of stairs.

"How do you know I like sport?" She asked suspiciously as we climbed the last few stairs.

"I already told you, I just know things." I replied winking.

I took her hand as we got to the top of the building and looked down. The sun blazed in our eyes, but a chilly breeze hit our cheeks just as the sun hid behind a cloud.

"Wow..." Eve exclaimed in a whisper widening her eyes.

"I know, it's amazing." I agreed smiling into the small world below.

Because with Eve I felt I was in a world of our own.

EVE

It was absolutely amazing, everything was tiny, and the people of New York hurried around bellow, whereas we were relaxing somewhere quiet. Wait! Speaking of quiet.

"Why is it so quiet?" I asked Heath who was smiling and breathing in the chilly breeze.

He looked down at me, and his face changed, into an ashamed look, mixed with worry. "Do you really want to know?" He asked nervously.

"Yes, please." I replied suddenly getting a feeling I knew why it was quiet.

"Well...I...sort of.......um.......bought out the whole of the building so you could experience it quietly, as I knew it was your first time." He stuttered.

"Really.....?" I asked, my mouth agape, he had done that for me. But why? He didn't even love me.

"Yes....I'm sorry if you don't agree with what I did." He replied, suddenly when I looked at him, his innocent face looked sweet, gorgeous and like a little kid. I instantly saw the good in him, the loveable side of him. The part of him I could love.

"Thank you Heath." I smiled lightly squeezing his hand, he looked me in the eyes and smiled brighter than the sun with relief I liked what he had done.

"May I?" He asked cupping my cheek, and leaning in slightly.

"Okay." I replied not thinking after I fell into his hold on my face.

I fluttered my eyes as his face slowly moved towards me, just incase I changed my mind. I could feel the wind blowing in my hair, but all I could focus on was his shining blue eyes moving towards me. As his lips covered mine slightly, I immediately fell into the kiss, and kissed him back. It started of soft and caring, but got more loving as I snaked my arms around his neck, and his other hand fell on my waist. The world blanked away, the sounds of beeping horns and shouting people drifted away, for all I could hear was mine, and Heaths beating hearts. The kiss was wonderful and dazzling.

With out warning Heath pulled away, I rocked back stunned, but he hadn't wanted to pull away, but down below us, were about 10 big black shiny cars, as men and women jumped out with cameras, I realised why he had pulled away from me.

"HEATH, EVE!!!" One of the men shouted through a microphone.

Meanwhile other people were stopping to look at us.

"What do we do?" I whispered frantically.

"I don't know, but how did they find us?" He replied worriedly.

"Do you think someone told them?" I asked suddenly curious on who would.

"I hate to say it, but yes, it seems someone has something against us being together." He frowned.

But who?....