Chapter 5- The Confrontation

AE Headquarters the same night

Shadow's POV:

I angrily stroll into headquarters with a lot of stuff to say to our 'Boss'. I blank the receptionist as I walk past when she says

"Good Morning Sir, Do you have an appointment?"

Then I retract back to her and reply,

"I don't need an appointment!"

I then start to march through the entrance lobby to go to the stairs to take to the top floor.

Floor after floor people look at me as if I shouldn't be here. Well, I probably shouldn't but oh well. I just give them a deadly glance as if to say stop it or I will kill you next! I get to the top floor and try the door. It's locked. Stupid people. I grab my Flintlock Pistol and shoot the lock to pieces. I look up and there is the Boss, Ms Chinnock.

"What do you think you are doing here?!" She says this with great seriousness.

"The question is why have you done what you have!" I counter question with great anger.

"What do you mean, what have I done?" She's curious now.

"Here's a picture of what you have done!" I shout right back at her. I bring up the picture of the Ghost lookalike.

"What's the matter with that? It's a new recruit." She calmly says back.

"What's the matter with that. You are going to answer to me now! That person. Is her name... Ghost?!" I calmly ask her.

"That you do not need..." She starts

"I do need to know. Now, TELL ME!" I interrupt as rudely as possible.

"Yes. I've managed to source and find 5 alter egos to join our force." Chinnock was very confident in saying this.

"Names. Who are they." I demanded this now knowing some of the truth.

"That is classified. Only I can know that. And you know it. You're part of this organisation, whether you like it or not. So you better get back to following orders." She was deadly serious. Problem was, I was also deadly serious.

"Your a fucking twat and half you are aren't you. You take peoples lives. And then fuck it up for them. That assassin on the screen is the person I love and I couldn't even tell her through the fear of others knowing what I am. Look what happened to my parents you fuckwit. Their dead, and it's all this places fucking fault. You have no idea what your doing. You think it's ok to just take someone and ruin their life. You miserable bastard. You make me sick. I couldn't love anyone even if I did. What sort of fucking life is that! And now you do this to her? I cant believe this. I haven't asked her out so that she could have a normal life and so that all of my friends stayed my friends because if I lose them. I don't have anyone else. If that does happen. Expect a visit in the daytime!" I shouted all of that at the top of my lungs so that she could definitely hear.

"Look here you psychopathic freak show! Your life only matters because your parents gave you a dark gift. A gift that could be used for good. Not for fucking fighting the good! You sad bastard. All this moaning. You have all that money. And yet you still moan like a miserable twat as if this life is shit." She argued back but I kindly interrupted.

"This life is shit. And you know it you idiot. And now you claim 5 more to be under your control. They can't control that. In 16 years I'm the only one who can control his ego. Who can tame the dark side. What have these victims done? Fuck all, that's what they've done. The only kill I have enjoyed is the murderer. My revenge was sweet. But no one else has done fuck all! Quite frankly I'm sick of it. Becca is onto you as well. Your little Miss Nice act is shit. She can see right through you because you are shit. There is no other reason. Your tattoo. On display! I thought you were head of the AE, one who would only kill for good reason. Maybe your the psychopathic one who needs a fucking mental check up. Now I'm being serious when I say this. Becca, she better be the only one because I know that once activated the gene never stops and can't be stopped. If any of the others are activated. Well. Watch your back because their might be a blade stuck through it!" After I said that, Chinnock started to shake. I had gotten to her. She shakes like she has seen a horror movie and quite frankly, she just has. The boss of AE title means nothing when your own assassin threatens to assassinate you. And she will die if any of the others have been activated. I leave in a style of great confidence to go home and figure this out along with getting ready for school tomorrow.

Back at Shadow's house

I get home only to receive a phone call. It was Chinnock. FOR FUCK SAKE.

I answer the phone to a lovely greeting from me to her;

"PISS OFF YOU BELLEND!" I shout down the phone.

"Nice to see you have forgiven me!" She calmly and fearfully said.

"You know I will never forgive you for this whether you like it or not." I replied.

"Well, whatever. You will be killing tomorrow night whether you like it or not. You need to understand that. And you need to understand this. Your parents would be ashamed if they saw this. Their legacy being brought down. Think about that!" She started cooing.

I could feel the anger, the fire through my body.

"YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT MY PARENTS LIKE THAT! YOU DONT EVEN FUCKING TALK ABOUT THEIR LIVES EVER AGAIN YOU MONSTROUS TWAT. YOU UNDERSTAND THIS FUCKWIT. WHEN I FIND OUT WHAT IS GOING ON. YOU WILL UNDERSTAND WHAT THIS LIFE IS WHEN IT GETS TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU. AND IF YOU DIDN'T GET THE MEMO. YES THAT MEANS THAT I WILL KILL YOU AS SOON AS I KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON!!!"

I slam the phone down whilst ending the call. Tears roll down my face. Tears of anger and sadness. I pull out the picture if my mum and dad. My life sucks right now. And you know what. I've quite frankly had enough of it.