Chapter 1

Annette's eyes were filled with tears as she entered the church. She wasn't sure whether it was the right thing to do when she knelt down before the confession box.

Maybe it was right, she thought, after all there was only a fine line between the saints and the sinners.

Tears came out faster than her snuffles and the little pink handkerchief that she held close to her chest was the only companion she had now.

Yes, many had tried to give solace to her feeble heart before, but she had learned it the hard way that none of them really cared for her feelings.

They never cared for who she was or what happened to her; all they wanted was fulfillment of their beastly desires.

When she realized that she couldn't sail any further in this ocean of tears, Annette decided to anchor her pain in this church. Maybe this wasn't the best idea, but this was the only idea she had now.

Light poured in through the pores of the fine wood that separated the saint and the sinner. She could see the silhouette leaning towards her, ears ready to take in anything she had to tell.

So she mustered up her courage, and in between a couple of desolated weeps, she started, "Forgive me Father, for I have sinned."