Chapter 7

Trust.

That was what kept her plowing forward.

In fact 'trust' is the only thing along with 'hope' that keeps anyone moving forward during the times when they are faced with the worst possible options and are forced to choose one.

Whether it was the endless nights of lusty misadventures or blindfolded tales of sexual dominance and cunning predatory, it was the trust that made her the slave.

Needless to say, it was he very trust that made her reveal her every secrets to any man, including the one seated across her.

Something inside her told that this man could be trusted.

The saint!

"I trusted the mentor," she said, her voice in the verge of breaking down, "trusted him so much that I was willing to give up anything he asked and I could never see him get crossed.

He knew I couldn't disobey him, so he used the chance; and I let myself get abused."

And he had used it well too, Annette thought bitterly; she could still feel the soreness in her body.

The way it had gone from a dreamy kiss in the park to steamy lashings in his basement.

The days filled her with fear and awe at the same time.

Bitterness encased the strange feeling of pleasantry.

The man had turned from a warm smiled angel into a grim faced demon.

The hands that once caressed her turned into blind devices of crude bodily manipulations.

She did not know how she got addicted to him, but one thing was sure: she had thrown away all the ideals she had stood for all these years by giving herself into submission.