Three: Party Time

I walked downstairs early in the morning wearing nothing but sweatpants. I met my dad in the kitchen, who was wearing his suit for work, while eating toast as he looked down at his phone.

"I gave my boss your phone number just in case he can't get in contact with me, so he can ring you. Also, I've never told you but you're my emergency contact just in case something happens to me at work." Dad told me. My eyes widened as I stared at my dad. Why now does Alex need my number?

I pulled my phone out of my pocket to check if Alex may have texted. As I thought, I had a message from an unknown number, and as I hoped, it was Alex.

Hi it's Alex. Got a hold of your number from your dad just in case I needed to get in touch with him and couldn't. Hope that's fine. Feel free to text if you ever need anything.

That last part had me freaking out. Feel free to text if you ever need anything. I wasn't sure why he was offering, but I wasn't complaining. I sent a text back, smiling widely as I typed.

Me: That's fine and thank you. You need to stop offering me things though, I ruined your Armani shirt...

"I'm gonna go to work, I'll see you later." Dad said as he approached the door.

"Wait, dad. I'm gonna sleep out at a friend's tonight so I'll see you tomorrow, yeah?"

Dad sighed and nodded, "don't get yourself into bother."

I smiled sweetly, "promise."

I was actually going to a party tonight, but I didn't want to tell my dad that after the...mishap at our house, so lying to him seemed like the best option.

Many hours passed by and I made it to the party. I was greeted by my friends and was given alcohol. Amy unfortunately couldn't attend, so I drank for two, and since I hadn't really eaten anything, it hit so much quicker than I thought it would.

Before I knew it, I woke up to the sound of puking next to me. I opened my eyes, frowning in confusion so hard that the lines in my forehead could get stuck and create a WiFi connection. The room was spinning, or more like jolting. I couldn't focus my eyes and it didn't feel too good.

I looked around, taking in my spinning surroundings. I was on the floor of an unknown house. Did I move parties? Where the hell am I?

I took my phone out of my pocket, which to my surprise was still there, and tried to find my contacts. Once I'd succeeded, I looked at the blurry names and called the person I hoped I could count on right now.

He picked up almost right away.

"Hello?" He began.

"Alex, hi. You know how you offered me help if I needed it?"

"It was more of a kind gesture than an actual offer, but yes." He responded. I could practically hear the smile on his face. I rolled my eyes, which just made the room spin more.

"I'm in a predicament and I can't ask my dad for help otherwise he'll never trust me again and I don't really think I need that in my life that right now." I said without a breath.

"What's up?" Alex's tone changed to a slightly concerned one.

"I went to a party, probably took some illegal stuff. I don't know, and I don't know where I am and I can't get home because I have no money. I'm concerned as to the whereabouts of my money, but that's a different matter. Can I pretty please ask you for a ride? If not it's okay, I'll just stay here and hope I don't get arrested, or murdered." I explained more than I needed to.