Seventeen: A Bad Date

A few days passed by and I hadn't seen Alex much as he had a lot of work to do. For the past few days all I did was stay in and watch TV or go out for a little bit with some friends.

Alex told me he felt guilty for not seeing me for a while, so he called me up and told me to get dressed into something nice after work and be ready by 8:00pm.

So there I was, just after work, on my way home in a taxi. I really need to get my drivers licence and a car.

Once I got home, it was around 7:45pm, so I quickly got ready but made sure I looked good in the time I had.

Dad wasn't home yet as he had left me a note saying he wouldn't be back until quite late. I grabbed the pen and replied with, 'I might be back late too, I'm going out with Alex for a bit, see you tonight'

A text would suffice, but what's the fun in that.

I styled my hair in the mirror and watched a bit of TV, when my phone vibrated. I had a message from Alex telling me he was here, so I grabbed my things and left the house.

I got into Alex's car, a wide smile on my face, and on his too.

"You alright?" He asked.

I nodded and smiled, "yeah, I'm good."

Alex began driving for around twenty minutes, before we stopped in the car park of some rich, posh and quite romantic restaurant. The sky was pitch black, but that made everything even more romantic. The streets were full of people, which makes me wonder why the entrance to the restaurant is on the street.

Alex and I climbed out of the car and made our way to the entrance of the restaurant, which was almost blocked by the people walking down the street.

I never actually realised it was this busy.

"This looks a little bit too romantic, are you sure you want to bring me here?" I asked, grinning at Alex.

Alex shrugged and smiled, before walking into the restaurant with me following behind. We were taken to a table, where we got a few looks from people. They were probably wondering why Alex was bringing another dude into a romantic restaurant like this.

I was more paranoid about all of this than he was.

We sat down and scanned the menu, then ordered our food.

"By the way, I asked around and the guy that attacked you at your work is in awaiting a trial. I don't know what happens from here but he's in trouble at least." Alex told me, and I nodded in response.

"Good. I just hope he doesn't actually come and stick the shard in my throat next time." I replied, my expression serious, but my voice made it sound like a joke.

We talked for a while until our food came, when we began to dig in.

"I'm going to stop bringing you to restaurants and cafes and shit and actually start taking you somewhere." Alex said after swallowing his food.

I grinned at him, "where?"

"I don't know. A beach or something, get some sushi or whatever romantic couples do these days." Alex explained, grinning widely at me.