My Heart Shattered Into Even More Pieces As I Watched the Tears Drop

I couldn't keep the grin off my face. As soon as Narcissa went into the kitchen, I turned to Draco. "I'll be right back." he nodded and I fast walked up the stairs. I was grinning like a mad woman. I was startled by wings flapping against the window.

I let the owl in. I hadn't seen this particular owl. But it was a Horned owl, which was the type of owl that the ministry uses. I frowned, "That's either a really good thing or a really bad thing." I muttered.

I opened the envelope and took out the letter.

Dear Miss Hermione Granger,

I hope you are doing well after this war. And I hate to be writing to you on such an occasion. I am sorry to tell you that while your parents were in Australia, they were involved in a terrible car accident. If you would be willing to come to the Ministry, I would love to inform you about this. Both of your parents, sadly, are dead. They were immediately killed after they were ran into by a drunk muggle driver. 

I am once again, very sorry for your loss. 

Hope to see you soon,

Kingsley Shaklebolt

The letter fell out of my hands. No. No. No, that can't be right. I read that wrong. I went back to the beginning of the letter. A horrible sob escaped from my body. I covered my mouth and stumbled back. I might as well had been blind.

I fell onto the bed and I couldn't breathe. Panic attack. Oh not again. Stupid War. I was always getting panic attacks because of Voldemort.

Sobs wracked my body. "No!" I screamed. I erased their memories so that they wouldn't get hurt. I kept them away from the wrath of Voldemort. I kept them away from the war! And they were killed by a bloody drunk driver

I couldn't breathe. I was gasping for air, sobs and screams all coming out of my body. I fell off the bed and landed against the wall. Right next to the letter from Kingsley. 

I heard footsteps. I wanted to cry in relief. Draco opened the door and immediately sprinted over to me. "Draco." I sobbed. Draco's eyes were filled with concern. "Hermione. Calm down." I shook my head, "I- I can't." He picked me up and laid me on the bed. "Hermione. What happened?" more sobs escaped my mouth. I shook my head and pointed at the stupid piece of paper.

Draco

I heard a scream from upstairs and I immediately ran upstairs. I threw open the door and saw Hermione laying on the floor, sobbing and screaming. She was gasping for breath. I immediately knew what was going on. Panic attack. 

"Draco." She sobbed. I was seriously concerned. "Hermione. Calm down." I said, trying to get her to breathe. She shook her head, "I-I can't." I picked her up and laid her on the bed, "Hermione. What happened?" She didn't answer. She couldn't. Sobs escaped her mouth. She just shook her head and pointed to something on the floor. 

It was a piece of paper. The piece of paper she was laying next to. I picked it up and said, "Hermione. You need to breathe, okay? I'll read this. And you breathe." She nodded and sniffed. I looked at the piece of paper.

Dear Miss Hermione Granger,

I hope you are doing well after this war. And I hate to be writing to you on such an occasion. I am sorry to tell you that while your parents were in Australia, they were involved in a terrible car accident. If you would be willing to come to the Ministry, I would love to inform you about this. Both of your parents, sadly, are dead. They were immediately killed after they were ran into by a drunk muggle driver.