One Shot 6: Up And Down AU

This one shot is based on the SAS AU Sir Rob wrote to promote Age of Adeline around two years back. It's called Up and Down. This one shots takes place in the 21st century, where Lilly and Mr Ambrose's roles have somewhat 'flipped' in a sense. So please don't be surprised if Mr Ambrose personality isn't as cold as it should be or something like that, it was intentional. Long chapter ahead, enjoy! ☺️

I stomped away into the pouring rain from the back exit of the elite-only party. Away from the party and away from him.

That blasted granite statue followed me out even when it was raining cats and dogs and his century-old coat would be damaged by the steady rivulet of heavy bullet-like raindrops.

Why can't he stay a statue for now and not follow where I go?

He easily caught up to my fast pace. In a blink of an eye, he pulled on my wrist to stop my walking any further and spun me to face him.

"Why are you angry at me?"

He's truly, and unsurprisingly made of granite stone. His head is so dense that he still doesn't understand.

"For not the first time, you ruined my date!"

I stabbed my index finger to his chest to enunciate my point. He trapped my finger in his hand, preventing my further attack on his chest.

"He was going to rape you, I'm not going to allow that!"

I pulled at my rain-soaked hair in frustration with my other hand that wasn't trapped by him.

"It's not rape if there's mutual consent!"

He pulled me closer while his eyes were burning holes into me when I indirectly said that I was a willing party.

"I still won't allow that!"

That son of a...

"And I didn't ask for your opinion nor your permission. It's not against the law and this is a free country, I will do as I wish."

My words didn't please him at all. Not like I was trying to. After all, he punched my date and chased him away.

He pulled me even closer so that now we were only a breath away, our lips were barely touching.

"You're mine, Lillian, and you know that."

For that moment, I seemed to have gotten myself lost in his eyes the same way I used to back in the nineteenth century.

I shook my head to get out of his entrancement.

"To hell with you, I'm not yours! I don't belong to anyone!"

I punched at his chest, or at least I tried to. I hate that he's so strong and can easily block off my attacks.

But what I hate more than that, is that as much as I tell my traitor heart otherwise, that literally bloody organ agrees with him.

"Why Lillian? In the office, you act civilly with me, friendly even. But whenever I breach the subject of 'us', you start breathing fire at me like my little ifrit that you are."