One Shot 7: The Secretary's Sister

Recently I and a couple of Radish Ifrits created a fan account in Instagram. Please do support @sassyroselamb !!! It's still super new so we haven't posted much

Lady Samantha woke with a start.

She hadn't realised that she had fallen asleep on an a chaise in one of the many rooms at Battlewood. Littered around her were magazines and articles related to her son. The particular room she was currently in, was dedicated to her children and their achievements. Ever since Rikkard left home, he has achieved so much, which thus explains why majority of the room were articles about him, and also why it looks like a mini "Museum of Rikkard Ambrose".

As a mother, she was equally proud of both her children. Although most of the room showed of Rikkard, there were spaces about Adaira too. Like the card Adaira drew for her on Mothers' Day when she first learned how to write, or the the medals her smart girl had won in school contests.

The memory made a proud smile take form on her face. Adaira always looked up to her older brother. In fact it was Rikkard who spell-checked Adaira's Mother's Day card and it was also Rikkard who inspired her to be the smartest girl in school.

Speaking of Adaira, she was also in the room with her, asleep on the opposite couch. The Christmas activites leading to Christmas has left the Marchioness and her daughter feeling so exhausted. Ever since the Christmas activities, all sorts of guests arrived and so many things happened at Battlewood. The strangest and most curiosity-provoking guests were Rikkard's secretary and his secretary's sister.

It was strange how similar alike they looked. Even if Mr Victor Linton and Ms Lillian Linton were twins, their similarity was uncanny. It was almost as if they were the same person.

In her dream, Lady Samantha dreamt that the siblings were one and the same person. Her dream was so realistic that if she closed her eyes she could she still see Victor and Lillian as the same person and could almost convince herself that they indeed are.

Not to mention, she has never seen the two siblings in the same room together at the same time.

She badly wanted to know more about the siblings, especially the sister.

However, whenever she tries to bring up the topic of how he met them, she's met with silence

Unlike the previous memory, this one vanished the smile that previously decorated the marchioness' face.

Despite the number of years that has passed, Rikkard still couldn't find it in his heart to forgive her, his mother.

The marchioness sometimes wonders if he still has a heart.

Of course. She still loves her little Ricky that still remains in spite of how cruelly he breaks her heart. She won't stop believing in her son. She won't stop being his number one fan.

Tears pricked her eyes, she didn't know what exactly was its cause.

She remembered that time when Rikkard was little. He has always been ambitious. He always wanted the stars even if they were lightyears away. Lady Samantha has no doubt in her son, she simply knows that Ricky can conquer anything he puts his mind to. It's just that he tend to become too achievement-oriented that he doesn't realise how much he's hurting those who had helped him get to where he is, even if those 'stepping stones' love him so much that they let themselves be trampled on the him.

Still, Lady Samantha remained a supporter of his even when her son's moralities became questionable. Lady Samantha disagrees particularly with his views on women. She remembered reading a magazine on how he supported an anti-feminist rally, how he approved of how badly the other men talked about women. She knew she raised him better than that, but then again, something went wrong along the way. She knew what went wrong, and it was her fault.