One Shot 8: Jealousy

This fanfic is probs set arnd Chap 21 of Silence Breaking

------------------------------------------------------

Who  does that man think he is? His pathetic spec of beard is so ridiculous that he shouldn't
be allowed near her.

Staring out the window, Rikkard gave up on trying to continue doing the extra paper work he had to do because of the recent disturbances at the mine.

The Waste Disposal file was lying not too far from his reach. In an instant he could grab it, make the necessary calls and his name would be cancelled off. However, Rikkard had already done that. It didn't work out as planned.

The Captain was unlike her other suitors. Fitzgerald was too easy to dispose of, Elingham slightly harder because he's better trained than Fitzgerald in fighting, but Elingham was only a lieutenant. Carter... Carter was the hardest to dispose of not because Karim is incapable of doing it. Carter did prove to be even harder than Elingham to dispose of with his 'Captain' rank meaning better training in combat, but the difficulty was in Lilly's reaction at the attempt to dispose of him.

She was more than infuriated when she pieced together that it was Rikkard who ordered for the disappearance of Captain Carter. She was no longer dancing with relief at the attempt of making her suitor disappear, but very much the opposite.

Unlike her previous suitors, she cared about this one.

She cared about James Carter.

That made Rikkard want to dispose of the Captain all the more. But if he disposes of Carter, that would disappoint her.

She'd truly hate him.

Not just the sort of hate she deserves for chauvinists like himself. But the hatred for the monster who harmed the person that mattered to her.

Rikkard has long since wanted to dispose of the  Captain. The urge started back in Egypt.

His spec of beard is so pathetic he doesn't deserve to kiss her hand.

No one does.

And walking her back to the hotel as though she's not capable of doing it herself.

If there's something that Lilly's concerned, Rikkard would be sufficient enough. No other men would be needed.

But why did she let the Captain kiss her hand though? If the Captain were any other men, why wasn't he hated by her for kissing her hand?

According to the gossips at past balls that Lilly and Carter were both present at, he had already exhibited signs of being enamoured by her. They've danced so many dances consecutively in one ball. Lilly wouldn't go through that many dances if she had absolutely hated it.

And she didn't exhibit any signs of hostility towards him. Other than some playful elbow to the ribs, the witnesses said, the two were actually enjoying themselves.

Back in Egypt, Carter didn't pose too much of a threat to have the need to be disposed of yet. Still, Rikkard didn't let his guard down and he remained suspicious of Carter.

Then came that day Carter arrived at Battlewood with his contingent.

He kissed her hand. Again.