Adam & Steve: Reborn - Chapter Three

[Quickly before you start reading, this chapter contains some information that could be confusing the way I wrote it. If there is anything at all that you feel should be worded differently, or I should take a look at and edit more, please let me know. There is always room for improvement. Don't forget to vote and comment while you're reading! <3]

Steve

"I haven't heard back from Adam in weeks," I told Oliver as he followed me into the barn. There was nothing else being displayed on my screen. My computer had been searching for days now and there was no sign of Adam. There was no sign he ever existed except of the recorded message.

"Did they tell you anything?" Oliver asked.

He was referring to our bosses. I spent the last few days trying to get as many answers as I could out of them so that I could help this person who was stuck on another planet in another damn solar system.

"Nothing they haven't already said. They won't help, but they'll do anything they can to help me look for him but it isn't enough. They are hiding more, I know it. They don't care about finding Adam. He's dead to them, along with his entire crew. Just like the other ship that disappeared."

It was frustrating not being able to help Adam. It wasn't every day that someone got stuck on another planet. I wanted to help, because I was the most qualified for something like this. I had my entire group coming up with ideas but was left empty handed. No one knew a thing on what to do.

"I don't want to be negative," Oliver said, "but there is nothing we can do for Adam. We don't have the technology to save him in time. We could build another ship but that could take years. Not to mention they aren't going to fund this rescue mission."

I sat down on my chair and stared at the screen. "I just don't want to give up."

"I know you don't, that's what makes you an amazing person. But you have to start thinking realistic, now especially since Adam stopped communicating. He could be dead."

I knew that I was running on barely any sleep, but I know what I just saw. A spark of lightning flashed in front of me and disappeared. It was the size of a rope, one that was stiff and bright. I looked back at Oliver and his eyes were wide, he saw it too.

"That's . . . that wasn't my weather machine," he quickly defended.

It appeared again and again. The entire barn was powering down because of the lightning. I couldn't move, and neither could Oliver. If we did we could get hit by them and it wasn't friendly lightning. It was violent and angry.

A black shiny screen appeared in the middle of the room. I could see through it, there was something inside. There was a lot of red, and someone was standing there watching me. It was . . . no . . . it couldn't be. It was . . . me. I was looking at some sort of mirror, but the me in the mirror had different hair.

"Are you seeing this?" I asked Oliver.

"Yeah."

The screen kept blinking in and out almost like a television without enough power to keep the image up. My reflection in the screen raised his hand, but I hadn't done that. It was acting out on his own. When the hand started going through the screen, I knew it wasn't a mirror. It was a portal.

Lightning around the portal went wild, dancing in circles and setting anything it touched on fire. The person in the portal was pushing through slowly, as if the screen was elastic. He eventually pushed through and came out soaking in red, in blood.

The portal sucked up all the lightning and turned into a ball, shrinking out of existence. This person that just came through the portal was . . . me. He looked exactly like me. He was covered in blood and smelled like death.