Chapter One Brey: A life changed

Hello I am Brey Z. Rena, I am sixteen and here is my life. I attended Northside high school in Roanoke Virginia. Today is Friday, so it will be like every other Friday for the past seven years. I'll wake up at seven, shower, get dressed, eat breakfast, go to school for four hours, then go to track, target practice, fencing, boxing, knife throwing, karate, and finally home. At home my mom and I make dinner, and we eat as a family.

At the head of the table sat my father Lewis Rena. My dad loved jokes, pranks, and just getting in to trouble, he is laid back, and enjoyed building things. He is five ten with a large build, chocolate skin, dark brown eyes, and jet black hair. Like all fathers, he is very protective of my sisters and me, but behind that facade he is a big teddy bear. My mother sat to my left, Kita Rena, a sweet, loving, and kind person. If there was anything wrong she is who I would go to. She is five four with mocha skin, hazelnut eyes and dark brown hair. She loved cooking and I loved cooking with her.

Across from me sat my little sister, Jackie Rena, a snappy, short tempered, fashionista. Her life goal is to be a fashion designer, and she is the president of the fashion marketing club. She is a complete social butterfly and squirms in silence. Like my mom, she has mocha skin, dark brown eyes, and dark brown hair. To the right of her sat her twin, Jazz Rena, a headstrong, competitive, opinionated, short tempered, and Like every other fourteen-year-old she feels misunderstood. She could have been a carbon copy of my mom, but two inches taller. Unlike her twin, she took an interest in sports, track and archery to be pacific.

While at dinner my parents were extremely quiet, and when I asked them what was wrong they gave each other a weird look then said it was something with work. My parents almost never spoke about work except that they work for a private company in the justice system. I just assumed that whatever it was it would be complicated and after dinner went to sleep. When I woke up the next morning I was ecstatic because every Saturday we would all go to the movies and the movie to my favorite book had just came out, best friends and the cute guy, It's this movie where two girls have to save the guy they love from the mafia. It was Jackie's turn to pick, and she chose this animated spy movie. I felt like I lost a piece of my life in that theater Jackie left us and sat in the back with her friends. When we finally left the theater and we were stuck in traffic, and after an hour we turned down a side street then came to an intersection then a set of headlights came hurdling towards us.

I saw my life in flashes leave our apartment in Richmond traveling to London, Tokyo, Moscow, Rio, Paris, Mumbai, Mexico City, every week a new city, country, or even continent. By the time I was eight I spoke four languages and experienced hotels around the world. Then my parents bought a house in Blacksburg and I went from online to public school where I met my best friends and got in my first fight. After we moved to Roanoke I got in to sports and nothing changed Until Now.

When my brain finally came back down to earth the car was upside down, and I was dangling from my seat belt. I unbuckled and fell to the ground. I looked out of the whole that was once the windshield to see my parents surrounded by ten people in solid black outfits. They were talking I took the thirty-eight-colt revolver out of the glove compartment. When I looked up my mom was yelling at one of them and then he shot her in the stomach. My dad shot two of them before he was shot in the back twice then fell to the ground. I grabbed the colt, and took aim. All of them died with a single shot to the head after they were all dead I crawled out of the car.

I ran to my mom she looked at me and said "remember I love you polar bear and please take care of your sisters." Then she was turning her attention to the twins who had just gotten out of the car. She called me polar bear something she only said when everything was going wrong. I ran over to my dad ho looked me in my eyes and said "trust absolutely no one, there is a cabin about two miles from here the passcode is 192142, everything is on the computer in the bedroom baby I love you but you need to go" "I love you dad" I said holding back my tears "I love you too now get out of here" he said. I grabbed his gun and started walking away the twins ran to catch up. We had been walking for about twenty minutes when we saw a dirt trail leading deeper in to the woods. We walked up to the door of this dark green cabin, I punched in the code and went inside. The room was neat furnished with a flat screen and sectional couch with a small kitchen in the corner. I walked around and found the bathroom and garage before I found the bedroom.