Chapter Nine Chloe: Lies

I felt like I knew almost everything there was to know about Austin, but there was something else that he wasn't telling me. The next week he and Kecia started disappearing when I asked him where he was going he said it was better for me not to know. Then he just stopped showing up, whenever I tried to go somewhere with him he said that he had to go do something, and Ashley was talking about how he was avoiding me. When he finally resurfaced and everything went back to normal I asked him if his secret mission was over, and he answered no without even thinking then he tried to play it off like it was a joke. I asked him if he was a spy and he said no trying to hold back laughter. "Okay Mr. Smith or do you prefer agent" I replied "I Promise you I'm not a Spy" he said laughing. "Your Right you would probably be an Assassin" I said. He asked why I would think he would be an assassin, and I gave him a list of reasons why I thought he would be one. Then he just kissed me and I walked into my class.

Later that night he called me and of course I answered at first everything was muffled I guess he called me by accident. I was about to hang up when I heard "I DON'T KNOW HOW SHE FIGURED IT OUT" Austin screamed "IF I DID I WOULD TELL YOU." "Dude stop screaming you know exactly what you need to do" another voice said "we just need to eliminate the problem." "I can't do that" Austin said "well why not" the other person said then a pause "no" the other person said laughing "Is Nick Smith the very person who said that love is a divine form of control in love?" "What would be the fucking problem with that" Austin replied "then you would be a hypocrite" the other voice answered. "I'm not saying that I'm in love but I don't want to kill her, I enjoy her company, I hate ditching her, and I feel attached to her" he replied. "One that was pretty much the dictionary definition of love, two Romeo I'm so sorry that your Juliet was smart enough to figure out your very bad charade, and I'm sorry that you need to kill her so she doesn't get kidnapped or tortured or did you want that to happen." "Of course, not" he answered "all we have to do is kill her painlessly and not blow our cover." I hung up horrified that Austin was going to kill me when he called me back I told him I was grounded and avoided him for the next three days.

My dad told me not to touch his computer unless it was an emergency, so I opened his database and entered everything I knew about Austin male, six one, green eyes, brown hair, between ages seventeen and twenty. I was expecting thousands of names but there were only about seven hundred. Thirty of which had the last name smith then I entered his name as an alias leaving me with ten other people and assassin Nick Westley Smith. His parents were killed by a mercenary firing squad were his older brother Zack was also killed. He was trained by Chase McFry along with Brey Z. Rena, who killed the same mercenary firing squad after they killed her parents. They each currently have three hundred fifty-six confirmed kills and over fifty-seven successful assignments he is even an assignment right now.

Then Austin or Nick or whatever his name is called me "Hey is everything okay" he started I told him I was FINE then he said "Are you sure because you sound pissed" "I don't know Nick why would I be pissed" I blurted then he hung up. My dad walked into the room and asked "what's wrong" I told him everything he took the laptop then asked me if I was sure that he was the right person with a look of absolute fear. "Chloe please tell me that he doesn't have any tattoos" he said "yeah he has one on his arm but what does that matter" I replied. "Chloe that means that he is an extremely dangerous person that is probably on his way here." He said calmly trying to hide the panic in his voice. I asked him how he knew all of this, but just before I could finish my sentence the doorbell rang.