0.5

Chapter 5: Matchmaker

"This is my end of the turf," Amaya informs the man, his shirt off while his bottom half was covered my swim trunks. His body was covered in tattoo's and even then he was still handsome.

She walked across the sand in the bathing suit, her blonde hair braided back away from her face. "Can you do that little twisty thing you do for me? I can never get the hair tie right."

Amaya waited until Jax was sitting in the sand, her nimble fingers working through his hair until it was pulled back out of his face, showing off his strong features. "You ever think about cutting it?"

"Lately, yeah. Think you could help a brother out?"

"I'll do it later, when we get home. Lets go in the water, it's never this warm and I'm trying to work up a tan."

His loud laugh burst through the crisp air, him following behind her as they rushed into the water. She splashed him in the face, him picking her up and throwing her deeper into the salt water. Their playtime was ended when they heard a throat cleared on shore.

"Leah," Amaya pushed her wet tresses out of her face, the smile she'd harbored still lingering. "I should yell at you for lying to me, you ditched the wedding. Left me alone with that."

Jax scoffed, faking disgust and as he reached Leah Clearwater's eyes, she couldn't look away. "If anything I should be mad I got left alone with you, my night may have been more eventful if that beauty was there to keep me company."

"I regret missing it now," She stammered out, her brown eyes going soft as she gazed at Jackson with pure adoration. "I'm Leah Clearwater."

The man walked out the water, his hair dropping wet, tanned skin gleaming in the sunlight as he put his hand in hers. "Jackson Hunnam, nice to meet you."

Amaya grinned from her spot in the water, she was very well aware of what had just taken place and she was thrilled. After all that time, her best friend was finally experiencing happiness and the blonde was glad that she could help make that happen. "Leah, you mind babysitting him for a while? I just remembered I had to go do something and I need to do it alone."

"I'm sure I could keep him company."

Amaya left the two alone, deciding to just take a drive. A towel was placed on her chair, catching the drops of water that came from her hair. It was weird for her, being in silence. Ever since she'd moved back, she never had a moment alone.

Her train of thought was interrupted when her phone rang, she answered it without looking who the caller was. "Yeah?"

"You answered."

Amaya tensed immediately, her jaw clenching as his voice came through the phone. "I'm beginning to regret it."

"I know I haven't been treating you the way you deserve, I'm just not sure this imprint thing is what I want."

"Actually, I've been thinking about that too," The petite girl admits. "I talked to your dad the other day and he told me that an imprint can be more than just a lover, you can be a friend or a brother and I think maybe that'd be better for me. You can waste your time pining over someone you can never have and I can be with whoever I want without hurting you."

There was a silence on the other end, a deep breath being taken, probably to remain calm. "I guess I deserved that."

"You deserve worse," She snapped. "You've been cruel to me, I'm not a child Jacob, I can handle rejection just fine. All you had to do was be a man and tell me from the get go that this wouldn't work and I wouldn't have had to go through a rollercoaster of emotions."

"You actually felt something for me?"

"I don't know," Her hand tightened on her grip on her steering wheel. "For a while, all I could think was Paul, then you imprinted on me and he imprinted on Racheal and for someone who was supposed to get everything from this bond, I was all alone with nothing."

Jacob went to speak but every vowel and syllable was trapped in his chest unable to come out. "I'm sorry."

"No, you aren't. You love her, Jacob and that's okay."

"It doesn't matter, she doesn't love me back."

Amaya took a deep breath, pushing back her rage and trying to just be helpful. If she wanted to be friends, then she would treat him as such. "That happens sometimes, and it sucks but someone will come for you, someone who makes you feel like you're on top of the world and they're the only way you can come back down."

"Is that what you felt with Paul?"

"What I felt with Paul was unexplainable," A reminiscent smile appeared on her face. "He made me feel like I had all the air to breathe but I couldn't take any of it in without him. He made me feel safe and loved, I knew that when we were together I could be me and not have to worry about being judged."

Jacob listened wholeheartedly, deciphering the tone of her voice, true love and passion. He wanted that, something that wasn't one sided. "Do you think we could be that one day?"

Amaya bit her lip, her eyes blinking furiously, eyebrows furrowing. "I don't know."

"Do you feel something for that blonde guy?"

"He's my best friend and I'm pretty sure Leah imprinted on him today at the beach."

A loud cheer came from his end and the relief in his voice made Amaya smile, for the first time since Bella, he was happy and the married woman wasn't the cause of it. "Thank God, I thought she'd never get over Sam."

"I'm sure you aren't the only one who's happy about that too."

"You think he'll be good for her?"

Amaya nods. "Leah needs someone to make her feel secure and Jax just needs someone who will accept him for him."

"She'll have to tell him, you know, about her being a werewolf."

"I'm positive he won't have much of a problem with that."

"What do you mean?"

Amaya's car stopped in a parking lot, she wasn't too far away but far enough so she could be alone without being bothered. "I told him in Chicago, about everything."