0.11

Chapter 11: Coldhearted

Amaya watched Jacob sleep for a moment, everyone else in the Uley residence succumbing to a much deserved rest. This was the only moment she'd ever give herself to appreciate her imprint.

He was very handsome, he had strong features and an even stronger physique thanks to his quileute genes. His hands were wrapped firmly around her thighs and throughout the night he'd traced her legs so much she could permanently feel the ghostly whisper of his skin on hers.

Her face hardened after a moment, a flip switching as she realized what this handsome boy had put her through and she stood, letting his body fall to the hardwood floors with no remorse. "What the hell?"

"You should leave, Billy will be worried."

Jacob flinched at her cold tone but he couldn't say anything to change it, he'd hurt her and he was plenty aware of how messed up it was for him to run to her like a child after Bella died when all he'd been doing months prior was avoid her like his life depended on it. "Are you going home?"

"Later, Jackson's heading back today and I promised I'd take him."

"How's Leah going to react to that?"

"I don't know, maybe you should ask her. She is apart of your pack now."

Jacob sighed, running his large hand of his tanned face. Last night he'd gotten the best sleep of his life and he soon came to the conclusion that maybe Amaya had a piece to play in that. "I didn't know she was going to do that," He tried to explain, standing from his spot on the floor and slowly making his way closer to the blonde. "I only left because I was tired of having to follow all of Sam's rules."

"I don't need an explanation."

"Yes, you do. I know what you're thinking."

Amaya busied herself around the kitchen, picking up dried dishes and quietly storing them away, she swiftly walked past Jacob to wipe down the table when his hand came out to grab her arm, pulling her close to him.

"I left you for someone else and I've never regretting something more. I know that what I did is unforgivable but I'm asking you to forgive me anyways."

"I can't."

Jacob kept her close to him, their bodies so near they were breathing in each others air. "Then I'll prove it to you that I'm sorry. I'll do whatever you want you just say the words and it can happen."

"It doesn't work like that," Amaya gently corrects him, doing everything she could to keep a level head while being so close to him. She was supposed to hate Jacob Ephram Black, but while being this close to him, smelling his scent and hearing the smooth sound of his voice made a pretty strong argument as to why her body should forgive him, but her mind was speaking a different language. "I shouldn't have to tell you what you need to do to make me forgive you. You have to do this one on your own and when I feel like I can forgive you for every shitty thing you did to me."

"Done."

"This isn't a joke, Jacob." She snapped, her skin crawling at the tone in his voice, the hint that showed he gave a crap about her. Obviously Amaya would be hesitant, trying to trust whatever words Jacob's mouth formed towards her because just a week earlier every thought and breath was dedicated to Isabella Swan—or Cullen. "These are my feelings and while you've never cared about them before, you have to now if you really want this."

Jacob stood before her in a dark grey hoodie and sweats—something Jackson let him borrow because he didn't want to see a naked man walk around the house. "I want you, Maya and I'll do whatever it takes to have you."

Amaya scoffed out of instinct, what he was saying sounded foreign when it was directed towards her but the imprint bond made her heart clench in joy, happy that he was finally showing her the attention that she was fated to have from this man. "Excuse me for being rude, but I can't exactly help it given the circumstances between us and all."

"I'm not expecting you to be nice to me about this. In fact, knowing how you can be I'm fully prepared for how cruel you plan on being towards me and I just want you to know that I don't mind. I can take it."

The conversation was cut short as the steady sound of wheels rolling on wood filled their ears. Jackson stopped at the doorway, his calculating blue eyes focused solely on Jacob even though his words were directed to his best friend. "Everything alright in here?"

"Perfect," Jacob answered, fully aware what this was—Amaya's bodyguard making sure he wasn't hurting her again with his Bella talk. "I hear you leave today."

"Not for long," Jax quipped, walking by Maya, giving her a brotherly kiss on her head as he passed her. In the amount of time he'd been in La Push, he'd grown exceedingly comfortable in the Uley residence but that was just how he was—making himself comfortable wherever he went. "I'm headed back to Chicago so I can get some of my things and tying up some loose ends before I come back."

Jacobs brows furrowed in, confusion clear in his brown eyes. "You bought a place here?"

"Nope, I'm moving in with Amaya."

The air silenced around them all, Jacob's heavy breathing being the only thing breaking the quiet. "She lives alone."

Jackson gave a taunting little laugh, dimples protruding from his perfect tanned skin. "Apparently, not anymore."

Amaya couldn't help but laugh at her best friends childish antics, but Jacob didn't find it amusing. At his sides his hands were clenched in fists of rage, the mere thought of his imprint living alone with another man making him sick to his stomach. "Awesome." He gritted out, taking a few steps backwards before forcing himself out of the house.

The duo awaited until he was far away enough away before bursting into a fit of laughter. "That was cruel," Amaya finally got out, tears of joy slipping from her eyes.

"That was nothing, I've barely even started yet."