0.7

Chapter 7: A New Era

Amaya sat in her room, slouched over a stack of papers filled with notes she'd taken and articles she'd printed that pertained to the imprint and it's bond.

She learned the dynamic of it, how with the simple gesture of eye contact could reconfigure every cell in your body, creating an attraction and emotions that seemed almost impossible. With that, she also learned the downsides, the vulnerability that the imprint brings making one so fiercely loyal to their werewolf mate that even with separation could cause the other to fall into a dangerous depression.

After hours of searching she'd finally found what she was looking for, how to reverse an imprint, but the further she read the more she began thinking it wasn't a good idea. To reverse the bond, both patients had to give a blood oath they rejected one another, but it only worked if no feelings were shared.

Interrupting her searching, Amaya didn't even bother to check called ID before she answered. "Huh?"

"Maya, its Jax, you were supposed to pick me up an hour ago."

"Shit," She rushed out of bed, not bothering to put anything on other than a part of sweats and a hoodie. "I'm sorry, I'll be there in ten. Is Leah still around?"

"No, I think there was a patrol thing because there was a howl and then she just left really fast."

Amaya picked up her keys, her feet moving faster than she could remember. "Wait, are you alone?"

A laugh pushing through the receiving end of the call, the pretty blonde immediately pegging it as Emily's. "No, I'm with Emily, I'm disappointed you've been hiding all these pretty ladies from me, darlin'."

"I'm not enough for you, Hunnam?"

"More than enough but I won't lie, your friend is gorgeous."

Amaya smiled to herself, happy that Leah had found someone to imprint on. She more than anyone deserved happiness. "Yeah, she's pretty great." The car drove through the trees until she saw the small house that was rested in seclusion so everyone could shift is peace. "I have to show you something when we get home."

"After we cut my hair?"

"After we cut your hair," She agreed, the phone call ending shortly after that, the buff man leaving the house and bidding Emily a goodbye with a smooth wave of his hand and a smile.

His large figure plopped in the passenger side, a grin still firmly spread across his face. "I don't ever want to leave this place."

"I'm actually so glad to hear that, maybe then you'll stop fooling around with those dirty little girls you always play with and finally settle down with a woman."

Jackson looked over at her, a twinkle in his pretty blue eyes. "If you wanted me babe, all you had to do was ask. You know I'd never say no."

Amaya rolled her eyes at him, her hands resting loosely on the steering wheel as she drove them back to her place. "I found something today."

"What?"

"This book on how to reject my imprint with Jacob."

"Why do I feel like there's a but coming."

"But," Amaya continues, not being able to look at her best friend as she spoke. "—it's dangerous and if I go through with it, there's a chance that it could kill me."

She could feel him staring at her, but she didn't have the guts to move her head to face him too. "You aren't going to do it are you? Why would it kill you?"

"I haven't decided yet, but according to what the books say it's so dangerous because when you're imprinted on, the ties in your body change. It shifts into more vital parts of your being which makes you in tune with the imprintee, if I cut the bond with Jacob it severs those ties and I could die and so could he."

"You aren't doing that, Amaya. I'm sorry that he hurts you and I'm sorry that you can't be happy with him because he's a little kid and can't see that the best thing he could ever get is standing right in front of him, literally presented to him as his one and only soulmate. But, as your best friend, you cannot do this, I truly wouldn't be able to live with myself if I knew this was taking place and I didn't do anything to stop it."

Amaya stayed quiet for a moment, tears burning in the back of her eyes at his truthfulness and instead of being angry, she complied. "Fine, I won't. I wouldn't want to die for a boy anyway, that's too cringy, even for me."

The subject was quickly changed but it was evident that it was all that Jackson was thinking about. When they got home he went straight to her room, collecting up the items and notes she'd taken on the subject and stored them away in a shoebox, tucked deep in the attic.

As he was walking back down, Amaya was prepared with scissors and a comb. "Don't screw me up, Amaya Hill. I'm a hot man but I can't live up to my full potential with a jacked-up haircut."

"Just trust me, Hunnam. I'll make you irresistible." Amaya started off by washing his hair, laughing softly as he kept commenting on how much he liked the scent of the shampoo and conditioner. His shoulders were wrapped in a towel when she was done, his sitting on a chair another towel at Amaya's feet so the hair could fall with minimal cleanup later.

With each snip of the scissors, Jax's head gradually felt lighter and lighter, Amaya looking very concentrated as she shaped his hair the way she liked, even taking the time to trim his beard and when she finally stopped cutting she stepped back with a smile. "I can't lie, Hunnam. You look pretty hot."

He got up to look in the mirror, a pleased smile spreading across his face. "Watch out La Push, the names Jackson Hunnam the panty dropper."

Amaya's face fell flat, her blue eyes boring into the back of his head. "I hate you."

"No, you don't."

This chapter was mostly just a filler until everything else starts taking place in the movie. A lot of the upcoming chapters are going to be a bit more personalized and less dependent on the movie so if you read something that you don't remember happening in the movies, that's why.

I hope you guys enjoy the chapter and hopefully you guys like Jackson as much as I do, even if you aren't attracted to his face hopefully you're attracted to his personality and how he makes other characters feel. So please comment and like.

Thanks for reading!!