Chapter eleven.

"So," Liam began, "tell me about this person that died."

I looked up from my biology book and scolded Liam. Sometimes, he could be so inconsiderate and a complete jerk. "That is none of your business."

"Oh, come on!" Liam said, looking frustrated with me. "You can't just say that someone died and not explain it. That's just plain cruel."

I rolled my eyes and closed my textbook. "Okay, I think we're done studying for the day."

Liam laughed. "Well, at least I know how to chase you away." I was getting beyond annoyed with Liam's smart remarks. I had to leave before I said something I would regret, I wanted to call him so many names that half of them didn't even make sense.

"You-You-" I got up from my seat. "Arg!" I couldn't find the right words for that idiot and I seriously wanted to smack him with my biology textbook.

Liam laughed again, a smirk playing on his lips. "You're funny, Lou." I closed my eyes and breathed in and out to calm my thoughts. When I reopened my eyes, Liam was also standing up with his hands dug into his pockets. "Come on, I'll drive you home." In that moment, his voice sounded genuine and soft. I didn't know what it was him that made me angry one minute and then calm the next. It didn't make sense to me and I didn't know why he kept changing his attitude towards me.

I followed Liam out of the library in silence. I clutched my textbooks to my stomach with my backpack hanging off my shoulders and we walked to the parking lot. We got in his car and he drove us home. It was still silent, none of us had said anything to each other. I was still furious at Liam for being Liam and I regretted saying anything to him about my life before I came here.

It was a mistake.

When we finally got home, Liam parked his car in the driveway and sighed. "We're ditching tomorrow."

I snapped my head towards him as he shut off the engine. "I don't think I want to go anywhere with you."

He laughed. "So mean." I rolled my eyes and got out of the car with the slam of the door behind me. I walked angrily into the house, not caring if Liam followed or not.

When I got inside, Xanthe was at the kitchen table. "Math?" I asked as I dumped my bag onto the table and took a seat opposite her.

She nodded. "Yeah, and it's getting on my nerves." She looked up at me and smiled. "How'd the studying go?"

"Terrible," I complained as Liam came through the door with the slam of the door, "he just won't listen to anything I have to say."

"Heard that." Liam mumbled as he walked into the kitchen to grab a glass of juice.

"You were supposed to." I said back, not caring what other comeback he had to throw back at me. Surprisingly, Liam didn't respond. I smiled and leaned back in my chair, knowing that I won this time. After Liam drunk the juice from the carton, he retreated to his bedroom and he wasn't seen until dinner.

*

I was just about to fall asleep when someone opened my door with a loud bang. I got a fright and I was wide awake and annoyed. I needed my eight hours of sleep, especially since I had to wake up early for school and I hated the feeling of my eyes being heavy and tired.

"Dammit." A voice whispered.

I sat up and rubbed my eyes and when I reopened them again, I saw a dark figure standing at the foot of my bed. "Come any closer and I'll kill you with my," I looked around my dark room, "hairdryer."

The figure chuckled and then I realised it was Liam. "Lou, I don't think hair dryers have the power to kill people."

I rolled my eyes as Liam switched the light on. I squinted and tried to adjust to my surroundings. "What the heck do you want, Liam? I was trying to sleep."