Chapter thirty one.

"You never told me it was Mason's birthday yesterday." Liam came into my room without knocking. Flashbacks of last night popped into my mind like when a pin touches a balloon. I didn't want to remember anything that happened, but Liam's face was always going to be a reminder.

I looked down at my biology textbook, not daring to make eye contact with him. "You never asked."

Liam closed my bedroom door and sat on the edge of my bed. "You're mad, aren't you?"

I snapped my head up to meet Liam's gaze. "Yes, I'm mad. Why wouldn't I be? Your stupid idea of a Friday night adventure got us arrested and grounded for the rest of the month!"

"You didn't have to come." He said in a harsher tone. "It's not just on me."

My eyes widened at his response and I couldn't believe what he just said. When he said those words, I was furious. It was his idea, he never told me where we were going in the first place. If I knew it was trespassing then I never would have agreed to go. At those thoughts, I swear there was steam coming out of my ears. "Are you kidding me, Liam!? We had a deal and how was I to know that we were trespassing into the school?  You left me in the car for hours, so what choice did I have?" I yelled and luckily, the house was empty.

Liam scoffed. "You had choices, Louisa. Don't put the blame all on me."

I winced as he used my full name coldly. I knew he was mad, but I was past the point of caring. "Well, I am. I don't understand why you can't just tell your parents that you don't want to go to law school instead of breaking the law. It's not that complicated, Liam."

He stood up from my bed angrily. "It is pretty complicated. Have you met my parents? They will go nuts!" He yelled just as the front door slammed shut and some chatter was heard from downstairs.

Time for a little revenge.

I closed my textbook and got up from my bed. I shoved Liam angrily, opened my door and went into the hallway. "I guess we'll just find out." I said and raced downstairs without using my smart brain to think of the consequences.

"Louisa!" Liam was yelling. "Don't you dare!"

I ignored him and I met Liam's parents in the kitchen where they were unpacking groceries with Xanthe. "Oh, Louisa," Mrs. Gilbert smiled, "would you like some lunch?"

I cleared my throat before answering. "No, thanks." I said just as Liam appeared beside me and he started pulling me away from the kitchen in anger.

Liam glared at me and angrily turned me to look into his eyes. "This isn't your choice,"  he growled, "just shut your mouth and go back upstairs."

I took my arm back and stomped back into the kitchen. "Mr and Mrs. Gilbert," I caught their attention, "Liam has got something to tell you both."

They stopped unpacking the groceries just as Liam was about to drag me away again. "What is it?" Mrs. Gilbert asked, looking curious but also suspicious at the same time.

"Nothing," Liam mumbled, "Louisa is just being stupid." He grabbed my arm again, trying to pull me away.

The next thing that came out of my mouth was pure regret as I snatched my arm away forcefully. "Liam doesn't want to go to law school," I blurted out, "he wants to be a chef instead."

Everyone's eyes widened in pure shock. "What!?" Mr. Gilbert practically yelled. "That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard!"

"Is this true?" Mrs. Gilbert acted calm as she crossed her arms across her chest and I could tell she wasn't happy. I wasn't happy either. I regretted saying those words when it wasn't my place, but I was mad with Liam for all the decisions that he made.