Chapter 32: The Battle For Family Honor

Third Person's P.O.V

The spectators' heated tumult eased up the moment they heard the names of the current match's contenders – Ayuda Makino and Taiga Mori. The said teens were currently standing in the middle of the arena with their bodies faced one another. Their eyes locked in a fierce glaring contest and none of them blinked even for a millisecond.

Most of the crowd didn't have any knowledge of the fact that these two kids came from two noble families which were not on good terms with each other for many years. However, the remaining audiences were actually cognizant of this one important fact. Nearly all of the daimyos – who came to watch the Third Exam's matches – knew who they were as soon as they heard their surnames.

Genma Shiranui, the judge, took brief glances of the two young teens. After confirming that they were fully prepared for the match, he announced, "You may begin."

Without delay, Taiga pulled out his two swords that were strapped to both of his hips' sides, one sword on his left and the other sword on his right. Before Ayuda could have the chance to reach around to seize her bow and an arrow which were attached to her back like usual, the young boy immediately sprinted over to her across the field. He did not want to give her the chance to touch her bow.

The purple-eyed girl had to withdraw her hand to her side, abandoning her endeavor to take out her bow and arrow. She noted that Taiga's velocity has increased a little seeing that he had successfully reached her in a few seconds, though his speed was still slower than Sasuke's and Rock Lee's speed.

The boy who was one year younger than her launched his swords at her, hell-bent on creating some brutal cuts on her seemingly smooth skin. However, despite his recently-developed speed, he was still unable to harm her as his opponent eluded all of his attacks with undeniable success, as though this task was a piece of cake to her.

Taiga knew better than allowing his anger to consume him. He would not lose his cool over this matter. He had expected this. He was prepared for this situation. And he knew exactly what to do if this occurred.

He leapt away from the girl rearward, putting a safe distance in between him and her. She took this opportunity to take hold of her bow. However, her lucky chance was ripped away from her once again when Taiga flung four kunais at her with paper bombs attached to them. She had to bring her arms back to her sides and began to muse on how to avoid these weapons before they could reach her.

Yes, she could dodge them by slanting her body from side to side with no sweat, but if she does, she will be blasted off by these paper bombs that were connected to these kunais when they fly past her head. The same incident that happened to Yushin during their preliminary fight will befall her if she is not cautious enough.

And of course, she could flee from that spot, but her body went rigid when an idea sprang into her mind. She saw it as the only way to start being on the offensive side. However, she was fully aware of the consequences of this plan.

A small wave of gasps resounded throughout the stadium as the flying weapons reached her unmoving form, automatically activating the paper bombs, bringing rise to enormous explosions that instantly shrouded the girl and the huge spot around her.

A few people began to voice out the exact same thought that also crossed Taiga's mind, "Why wasn't she moving away? She could've run away and evaded that."

Sakura Haruno, who watched the fight with all her attention, frowned in confusion, "Why did she just stand there?"

The boy beside her furrowed his eyebrows too with the same emotion that flowed throughout Sakura's brain. Kazuki opined, "She probably has a plan in mind..."