28. If you're not bipolar, then what are you?

Samiha's P.O.V

Saamih was happily married to Asiyah. It had been a whole month since their wedding. When Asiyah had come here to visit her parents, Saamih had come along with her to see me and Samaah. He got along very well with her. He didn't behave like his crazy self with her, but he showed her his sweet side, which he showed us occasionally. I knew that Saamih was a very protective person, from the way he was with us, so I knew Asiyah was safe from Jawad with him.

Samaah's graduation was approaching and she was very excited. She was hoping that Arif would come with her, along with our parents, parents-in-law, me, Saamih, and Asiyah. But one can never know with these two brothers. As mentioned before, our relationship with them was like one step forward, two steps backward.

I was sitting in mine and Asif's room with my sketch pad, drawing a sketch of my car by looking at an image of it on my phone. I was so engrossed in my drawing that I didn't notice the bed dip beside me. It was until the person spoke that I looked up.

"Uh, hey. I was wondering if you could, uh, cook something for me?" Asif said, nervously.

"Sure! What would you like?" I asked, putting my sketch pad and pencil down and turning all my attention to him. Somehow, the way he looked at me gave me a weird sensation and I couldn't understand it. But I didn't bother denying it because I knew that he was my husband, and it was halaal for me to feel these strange emotions around him. I never used to feel anything initially. Even the little butterflies you get around guys, I wouldn't feel them at first. But ever since the day he had accompanied me to Anna's reception, I started getting these strange sensations when he would look at me, or even talk to me.

"Well," he began sheepishly. "You know Mr. Suhail hardly cooks Indo-Chinese dishes. And even when he does, they aren't that nice. And I loved your Indo-Chinese cooking, MashaAllah..." He trailed off. What?! He actually gave me a compliment! I knew he loved my cooking, but he never said it to me directly!

"Okay, I'll cook for you some Indo-Chinese meal, alright?" I said and he nodded, giving me one of his rare smiles that made my stomach flip.

His eyes then fell to the sketch pad beside me and he picked it up before I could stop him. He started opening the pages and I immediately reacted.

"Asif, no! Please don't open it...those sketches are...embarrassing. I'm not that good!" I exclaimed, trying to get hold of the sketchbook from his grip. He moved it away from me.

"Let me decide that! Your brother said you liked drawing," he said. Wait, Asif actually remembered the stuff Saamih said about me?

"You remember Saamih saying that?" I asked, unable to hide my shock.

"Well, yeah. Of course," he said, giving me an odd look.

He flipped the first page open, to reveal a drawing of a a sunset that I had gone to see with my old work-mates. The next page had a sketch of my parents' house from outside. The page after that had a sketch of a rose-bush. The next one had a drawing of my friend's hamster nibbling a peanut. He continued flipping until he reached the sketch of the oak tree in the backyard with a little sparrow perched on one of its branches.

"This is the tree in our backyard, right?" He asked.

"Yeah! How did you know?" I asked, surprised.

"You have drawn it with so much detail, that it would be impossible not to recognise it. It's exactly the way that particular oak tree in our backyard actually looks," he said. My cheeks warmed at that and I immediately placed my hands, to try and hide the blush. Then the last sketch was of the incomplete one of my Aston Martin.

"Hey, that's nice! I didn't think a girl would draw a sketch of a car! Normally, back in school, my friends would always sketch cars at the back covers of their books, but I really didn't expect you to draw that!" He said, and chuckled deeply. I just laughed.

"Well, I do love cars. And so does my sister. We were both overjoyed when your parents gave us cars. We always used to drive my brother's car, but that's so annoying!" I said.

"Your sketches are awesome! What makes you think they are embarrassing and that you're no good?" He asked, raising his eyebrows at me.

I just shrugged. "Anyway, let me go cook. Mr. Suhail will probably be happy to let me take over," I said, getting up.

"Drop him some tips, maybe?" He said, and smirked.

"No, that wouldn't be right. I would be insulting his cooking and that's his profession. Besides, he's elderly. It doesn't look good if a young girl gives him tips on how to cook, when he is already a chef!" I said, trying not to frown.

Asif was quiet for a while, then he just nodded. "Samiha?" He called. I felt butterflies flutter in my stomach as I turned around to look at him. "Mum and dad are not at home, so you'll just have to cook for the four of us over here."

"Oh, okay," I said, nodding, and leaving the room after that.

Asif! What are you doing with my mind? Sometimes you talk to me so nicely, and the other times, you choose to ignore me as if I'm not even there! If you're not bipolar, then what are you?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

Short chapter, I know! But I really had to go pray dhuhr and I wanted to finish it. I just needed a few Asmiha moments.

Please vote and comment.