Kassi

Tears bled through my eyes as I stared at the lifeless concrete underneath me.

"He's............gone," I quietly sobbed.  My aunt silently stood by me with her hand on my shoulder.  She knows how much I disliked people touching my back, and I wasn't in a mental state to be tested.

"You're going to have to tell them.  Come on, let's go back.  Maybe we can call him or something," my aunt suggested.  I nodded, sniffling, as I stood and returned to her side.

"Maybe he went to the shop while we were here," my aunt said in hopes of lightening the mood.  I forced a smile and nodded, hoping that was the reason for his absence.

We entered the coffee shop once again, returning to that familiar corner, seeing the exact same people as before.

He's not here.

They stared at us, noticing that Taehyung wasn't with us when we returned.  My eyes started burning as I felt painful tears threatening to escape.

"Wh-where i-is T-tae?" Hoseok lightly stuttered, his throat clenching.

"I'm so sorry," I tried to tell him, but I became mute as I collapsed to the ground with fresh tears.  Hoseok covered his mouth with his shaking hand as tears fell from his eyes as well.  He left me on the ground as he turned to their eldest for comfort.

Yoongi was the only one who came for me.

He sat on the ground next to me, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me into his lap.

"Hey, hey, it's okay. You tried your best, it's not your fault. He probably got out on his own," he said as he stroked my hair.
"Yes it is my fault, I only helped 5 of you. Jungkook got out somehow, and Tae is gone," I cried into his comforting shoulder.

I used to always say that I'd carry the weight of the world on my shoulders, just so Yoongi didn't have to. Yet here we are now, his shoulder trying to carry my weight because I couldn't.

"Guys, we have a problem," we all turned to Namjoon at his sudden announcement.
"His phone isn't answering," he stated.

My heart sank as I buried myself further into Yoongi's chest, and he held me tighter.

"Well, that might not mean much, right?" Hoseok anxiously responded, "he might've turned off his phone, or maybe it died, or, or..."

At least he tried to be hopeful, but silence couldn't help but fall like our tears.

"Wait, I remember something!" Jin bursted.
"When the sasaengs came, he, he ran."

I was already up on my feet, Yoongi, Hoseok, and my aunt weren't far behind me.

"Do you remember which way he ran?" Hoseok anxiously inquired.
"He ran the opposite direction. The sasaengs came from the left, he ran right." Jin thought as he struggled to remember the events.
"Okay, my aunt and I will go," I announced.
"No, I'm coming with you," Yoongi started, his tone leaving no room for argument.
"Me too," Hoseok offered.

Seokjin, Jungkook, and Namjoon stayed behind in case he came to the shop. The rest of us tried to follow Jin's words, and hopefully Tae's steps.

We reached that familiar street corner, and turned right. He must've taken a few more turns, because we couldn't see him at all. After walking a few blocks, checking each turn for any signs of Taehyung.

2 blocks later, I checked the corner and saw an object laying on the ground a few meters away.

I signaled for them to wait as I grabbed the obscure object. It was a portable charger, a pretty good one by the looks of it.

"Does this look familiar?" I asked as I returned to the group.
Hoseok gasped. "That's his charger."

A blind person could see Hoseok's panic. He really did care about Tae.

"Well, your dead phone theory might be accurate since he can't charge it. Let's go," I replied as we turned the corner.

Where are you Tae?