Chapter 2

After hauling all of her bags inside, Taylor decided for sure that she was going to go to that party. It really was the perfect opportunity for her to make some friends and to explore the city a bit. Maybe this would help her remember why she was so in love with this place.

Taylor took her time to hang up all of her nice clothes in the closet, and then folded the rest into her four drawers. This room ended up being the perfect size for her. She was able to fit all of her clothes in the dresser and closet which was always good. There was still things that she needed to get in order to live there, so she made a mental note to search for general stores on her way out to the party tonight.

At about 8 o'clock, Taylor sifted through her newly hung clothes in search of something to wear. The invitation had said:
"Dress attire: what ever daddy would hate."
What the hell did that mean?
She wasn't going to show up looking like a stripper that was for sure.

After contemplating outfits for about 5 minutes, Taylor finally decided on a black pencil dress that had purple lace accents. It was perfect for this kind of thing. She pulled it over her head and squirmed all the way into it. The hem fell to the middle of her thighs and she tugged nervously at the low neckline. But she still loved how she looked in the dress whenever she wore it.

Taylor took her giant toiletry bag into her small bathroom that was attached to the bedroom. The counter was made of white marble and the walls were made of brick. It had a very different look than the rest if the apartment, but Taylor really didn't care. She began to carefully apply makeup to her face, nothing too casual yet nothing too flaunty. Within minutes she had her entire head of auburn hair curled into wavy strands.

By the time Taylor was entirely ready, it was already 10:40. She slipped on a pair of strapped black heels, grabbed her small purse and phone before heading out the door. By now she knew exactly how to get from her building down to her car on the curb.

The street still looked very eery as Taylor stepped into her car quickly and she let out a sigh when the door was locked behind her. She realized that she would have to get used to this old town at night. Turning on the voice command of her car Taylor read off the address from the invitation and the route came right up on the screen.

With the music blasting throughout the car, Taylor slowly made her way trough the winding streets. It only took her about 15 minutes to find Main Street. You couldn't miss the party going on. There were flashing lights leading all the way down the road with masses of people on it. A bunch if cars surrounded the entrance to the street so no cars could drive through. It really was a cleaver idea.

Taylor parked as close to the street as possible, but still ended up having to walk a while. The pounding music gradually grew louder as she got closer. Her heels clicked against the stone sidewalk and the sounds of her deep breaths filled her ears. The closer she got to the party the more nervous she became.

Taylor had excepted the fact that for a while she would most likely be a loner at this party. Her plan was to evaluate the situation first before getting involved with any people. She didn't want to befriend the wrong people.

She finally reached the end of the street where the cars blocked off the entrance. A big man was standing between each one of them. The sight made Taylor even more nervous, but she approached with confidence. The man she went to was the nicest looking one out of all of them. He had slightly greying hair and no tattoos, which the others had plenty of covering their bulging arms.

The man didn't even greet her, but held out his hand. Taylor knew right away what he wanted and pulled the crinkled invitation out of her purse. She placed it in his outstretched hand without a word. The man studied it carefully as the lights flashed behind him. Taylor could see a mass of people dancing under the colors and another mass around a great bonfire in the other end of the street. This seemed like a pretty damn good party.

When Taylor looked back at the man's face he was staring directly at her. The sight made Taylor jump slightly. The man laughed slightly in a deep chuckle and handed the piece of paper back to her. He didn't move after that and Taylor didn't really know what to do. The giant man just stared right into her eyes. Finally, he spoke up.

"You're Taylor aren't you? Taylor Mire?" The man said in a deep and gravely voice. Taylor was taken aback. Nowhere on the invitation did it mention her name.
"I...I am," she whispered in reply. The man smiled at her and stepped out of the way. There was now a clear path to the street party but Taylor wasn't so sure if she wanted to go in now. How the hell did the man know her name?

"Please enjoy your night. It's a killer party," the man laughed darkly as Taylor passed him. Even thought she was getting father way from him, her heart was speeding up by the second.