Chapter 7

Crap. That was the only thing that crossed Taylor's mind. Crap.

Liam smiled down at her and gave her a wink before walking right past her. Taylor just stood in the doorway frozen, not able to do anything. The friends all greeted each other on the couches and Taylor finally turned slowly to look at them. The two DJs sat down on the ground by the coffee table and Liam was perched on the arm of the couch.

"And who is this?" Liam said, gesturing towards Taylor with a smile.
"But...you already know me," Taylor stammered before anyone could answer him. Liam tilted his head to the side slightly, just like he had when she first met him.
"No...I don't believe we've met," Liam told her, his words slow and deep.

Taylor made no effort to hide her confusion. She had talked to Liam last night at the party. He somehow knew her name but then pretended to not know it. He was playing some sort of sick game with her, trying to mess with the new girl. That must have been it.
"That's Taylor Mire!" Karin chimed from the couch. "She was just going to leave for some reason! Make her stay Liam! Taayyyy, Liam is single," she basically yelled with a wiggle of her thin eyebrows.

"Why don't you stay Taylor?" Liam said, motioning to the group of friends. Taylor rolled her eyes and spat,
"No, I'm tired of these stoners. And you."

With that, Taylor turned and rushed out the door slamming it behind her.

***

Taylor stripped out of her outfit and slipped on her pajamas. It felt so good to get out of her nice clothes that now smelled like drugs. She tossed them right into the washing machine which was tucked in a long closet in the kitchen, making a mental note to clean them tomorrow.

It was only 9:40, so Taylor pulled her favorite movie out of an unpacked cardboard box by the TV. She popped it into the DVD player and then turned off all the lights before laying on the couch. About an hour into the movie, Taylor found herself drifting off to sleep. The last thing she remembered before she dozed off was Andrew Garfield crying over the death of his character's uncle.

Taylor jolted awake at a knock at her door. She ran her hands over her face absentmindedly to wake herself up. The movie was over and the credits where running slowly. The clock under the TV read midnight; exactly midnight.

Taylor literally rolled off the couch and trudged over to the door, still half asleep. She flicked on the main light, only to flinch at the sudden brightness. Squinting to see properly, Taylor unlocked the door and then opened it.

"Hello Taylor Mire," Liam smirked from the other side of the doorway. Taylor was snapped awake and attempted to close the door, but Liam reached out his hand and stopped it. "May I come in?"

"Hell no," Taylor spat, attempting once again to push the door closed. Liam was too strong; he didn't even move a centimeter when the door pushed against his hand. "Why are you here? Shouldn't you still be getting high with your friends?" At her words Liam cocked his head to the side again, something that had come irritate Taylor tremendously.

"I don't really care for their style of living. You see, the human life is short, so I would prefer not to shorten it any more by doing all of that shit," Liam explained. Taylor just stared at him. He gave off the whole bad boy persona, yet he didn't drink or do drugs, and he was single. But still, he was incredibly creepy.

"Then why do you even hang out with them?" Taylor asked, actually curious.
"Let's just say that I may need them in the future," Liam said with a sly smile. "Just like I may need you in the future."
"What?"
"Nothing."

With that, Liam pushed right past Taylor and strolled into her apartment. Taylor slammed the door behind him and yelled,
"Get the hell out!" Liam didn't even flinch, but just looked around the home.
"This is a nice place you've got here," he said, running his hand along the back of the couch.

"I am aware, now leave," Taylor replied sternly, putting her hands on her hips. Liam walked around the couch and then sat down right in the middle of it. He propped his feet up on the coffee table and spread his arms along the back of the couch.
"What movie were you watching?" He asked casually, as if he was in his friend's house.
"That's none of your business," Taylor basically growled, walking over to Liam and pushing his feet off of her table. "Now I'll tell you once again to get out of my apartment."

Liam chuckled deeply and tugged down on his leather jacket as he stood up from the couch. He lifted a hand and swept it through his hair.
"Aw come on let me stay and get to know you," he said with a smirk, reaching out to touch Taylor's arm. She jerked away at his touch and ran to the counter where her cell phone was.
"I'm calling the cops," she warned as she grasped her phone in her hand. But when she turned around to look at the intruder, he was gone.

Suddenly, Taylor felt a cold hand cover her mouth from behind. She could feel someone standing directly behind her and another hand grasped her wrist.
"You really don't want to do that love," Liam's voice snaked into her ear. His fingers slipped Taylor's phone right out of her hand and then set it down on the counter.

With that, Liam let go of Taylor and calmly walked out the door, closing it softy behind him.