Chapter 27 - In the way of rescuing some Star Nomad.

~ Author's Note ~

Thanks for reading! You deserve a gold star but I only have cookies, so... grab a cookie~! <3

That Domi was hard to draw, due to her pose. Failed perspective :'c

I'm like... tired to death and giving myself in to sleep but still with that fire running through my veins xD It's dangerous to come to this point at 3 AM... However, it's my passion, and I will keep on writing n.n You should all keep your passions up!

Enjoy nwn

~ × × × ~

"Listen well."

"Whatever 'cha say, Mr. Shadow!" Wander said happily, eager to listen.

However, I was NOT a bit happy about the fact that my body is being spirited or sorta. I frowned.

"Whatever ya say, rain cloud."

"She the one you're searching for, has a high price to pay for her debt, for she got involved in a dangerous job, and now (Name) will soon be gone."

"Wow, that rhymes!" Wander's eyes shone.

"That she got into a dangerous thing? What? Why?"

"... The truth she will reveal to you, so I shall not tell you. However, she knew of the danger beforehand, before she even knew you two."

"She knew?"

"It can't be!"

I looked at Wander's direction when hd talked. He was suspiciously shocked, all of a sudden. Maybe he knew something, too, that I don't know either. Nervously smiling, he made up an excuse for (Name) before the rain cloud.

"Hah! She's not a reckless one, Mr. Shadow... I think you're mistakin' 'er fo' someone else."

This black ghost thingie turned at Wander and flew in circles around him. If he plans of hurting him in even the slightest way, he will beg that he never met me!

"... ?" Wander was still smiling, whatsoever "Heh, 'cha... 'Cha want somethin'...?"

"You... Star Nomads... You are all secretive."

"Whaddaya mean 'secretive'?"

I crossed my arms, frowning even more than before. I was more at a loss than in the beginning.

Why was this cloud an enigma!?

Wander giggled "I think he's just playin', Syl!"

"A lie. No, not a lie..." the ghost stopped close to him and sniffed like a dog "Something you haven't told anybody yet because you don't want to face it."

"Wander?"

I held in the urge to gasp. Was it possible that Wander was hiding something from me...? But I'm his best friend, he knows that I will always support him! And even if he did something bad, we would find a way out of it, together.

"What haven't ya told me, buddy?"

"I... I-I think! He's not referrin' to s-somethin' im-impor... important, Syl..?"

That's it. There was it. He's so nervous that he started stuttering. And sweating... And shaking. He is definitely hiding something.

But I don't think it has to be related to (Name)'s actual location, because he was as worried as me.

Still, why?

"Helper, you have to be honest with your friends." the shadow finally flied away, letting Wander breathe calmly "Don't cloud your pure heart with dark secrets."