Ch 14 - Mission Information Uploading

"He'll be fine Ellie. You really need to put your focus into this. Have you reported back to the organization with regards to the mission?" he asked.

"No. What am I going to tell them Nicky? I didn't go on that mission after finding out that it was trap? Where did I get this intel?" she replied.

"You're an agent Ellie. It shouldn't matter where you got the intel. You need to at least tell them something," he pointed out.

"Except she has a point. They attacked you guys, and for all we know, they wanted her to be trapped," a new voice joined.

"Don't you have a brother to air out issues with?" he asked.

"Ira's currently busy, so no, I get to irritate your ass," the second voice replied.

My eyes slowly opened when I heard a crash. "Would the two of you quit it?"

"I need to understand how you're friends with this devil!" I heard Nick say.

"She's my best friend and that's all you need to know. Now would you please refrain from killing her," blossom requested.

Best friend?

"He's awake," Storm told her. She turned my way and our eyes met before she walked over to me.

"How are you feeling?" she asked.

"Like someone who survived death once more. How long have I been out for?" I asked.

"Two weeks," she said straight faced, before laughing at the look that was probably on my face.

"I haven't been out that long, have I?" I asked, smiling a little.

She shook her head. "You've only been out for a couple of hours. However, you're not allowed to do anything strenuous. We all agree on that much so majority rules."

"I'm the only majority that decides what happens with my body, but you're lucky that I agree with you. I'm not feeling particularly keen on taking on anything right now," I admitted.

"We've already sent your coach a message. We told him that you had an operation done, so you need to be benched for a couple of weeks," Nick told me.

"Two weeks at best," I told them.

"I told you two weeks is his favourite time to take when healing. I'm pretty sure even his body is under pressure right now because it knows that it needs to get things going in two weeks," Malachi said as he walked into the room.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him.

"Kai, Aziel, Nigel and I came as soon as Nick sent us the distress signal. The whole lot of you here clearly have some explaining to do," he replied.

"Nadia?" I asked.

He rubbed the back of his neck, laughing a little. "She's on her way."

"What?" the Solano siblings both asked.

"Look, we can't stop her from coming. In case you've all forgotten, she and the five of us make up a team at Cypher, and lately we haven't been acting as one," Malachi replied.

"That's bullshit. She probably wanted to come only because she heard that Xander's been injured," blossom said angrily.

I reached out to hold her hand. "You need to calm down blossom. You know that you're the only one for me, but the reality is that she cares about me. Yes, she's in love with me, but Alac's right about her being a part of the team. We can't ignore that much."

"Do I at least get to kick her ass if she steps out of line?" she asked.

I shook my head. "You'll kill her."