Chapter 12 ❋

I mentally prepared myself for my date with Camila. Believe it or not I was really nervous. I mean why wouldn't I be?

The girl I had be trying to get to date me for the past 3 years finally admitted she liked me and agreed to go on a date with me.

I decided on taking Camila to the carnival that had just opened up. I know it was a cliché first date but I hoped it would still be fun. I called Dinah over to help me choose out a good outfit. She said something casual would look good.

I put on some ripped light blue jeans with a white windbreaker and my white high top vans. I looked in the mirror and smiled, I looked good.

It was half past five so I called Camila to let her know I was going already. I said goodbye to Dinah and locked the door to my house then walked to my car. I got in and drove to Camila's.

Before I got to her house I saw a woman selling roses at the corner of the street so I bought one. I parked my car in front of Camila's house and walked up to her front door. I knocked with one hand while the other held the rose.

I expected Camila to answer so I was shook when her dad opened it. I quickly hid the rose behind my back.

"Who are you?" He asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Uh I'm Camila's friend, we're hanging out so I'm here to pick her up." I rubbed the back of my neck nervously. Camila then suddenly came running down the stairs.

"Uh papi this is my friend Y/N, we're going to hang out for a bit." She said. I bit my lip as I admired how good she looked.

"Hm ok, be back no later than 10. Got it?" He strictly said. We both nodded. Camila shut the door and we walked towards my car. I opened the door for her and let her in. I went around and got in. I handed her the rose. She shyly smiled.

"You look beautiful." I said with admiration in my eyes. I could see her blush which made me happy.

"Thanks for the rose Y/N." I drove with one hand on the steering wheel and other intertwined with Camila's hand. We drove in comfortable silence.

We got to the carnival and I parked my car in the parking lot. I looked at Camila who was looking at the glowing lights of the carnival.

"I know, kinda lame and cliché." I said nervously. She quickly turned her head towards me and smiled.

"No no no, this looks fun." She assured me. I smiled. I got off my car and quickly jogged to the other side of the car to open the door for her. She thanked me and I locked the car.

We walked to the entrance of the carnival with a small gap between us. I didn't know if I should hold her hand or not.

I slowly moved my hand towards her and held it. She looked at my hand then at me and smiled. She held my hand back.

I bought us the tickets and we walked into the carnival. We walked around for a bit and bought cotton candy. We got on the merry go round and a few other rides. It soon got dark and colder.

Camila wanted to play the ball throwing game to win a stuffed banana so I took her to the tent that was set up.

I watched as she terribly threw the 3 balls and missed the bottles. She turned around and pouted. I chuckled and decided to try to win her the stuffed banana toy she wanted.