Chapter twenty-five

Chapter twenty-five
A

Chapter twenty-fiveA

Bellamy'sPOV

I paced back and forth around the cell Kane was holding me in.

Holding me because I attacked Murphy once they had found us.

I stop pacing as I see Kane come through the door and he stares at me.

"How long are you gonna keep me locked up in here?" I ask, my tone making it obvious I was pissed off.

"Until I believe you're not a threat to others." Kane answers as he grabs a chair and sits in front of me. "You said there was hundreds of grounders attacking. Two? Three-hundred?"

"I wasn't counting." I snap as he remains silent for a moment.

"Why do you think they attacked? What provoked them?" He asks.

"We were here, that was enough." I state as he nods, but I can tell he doesn't believe me.

"We're wasting time, the others didn't just vanish into thin air! They were taken and we need to go after them." I tell him.

"A search team are about to leave." He says calmly and I sigh. "But not before we've gotten the right intel from you."

I walk over to him and crouch in front of him so we are eye level.

"I need to be on that team." I plead.

"It's out of the question." He answers abruptly. "You're not trained, it's too dangerous."

"Those are my people out there." I say as I look to the ground. "I need to find them."

I continue to look at the ground as Sawyer enters my mind, like she always does.

"You're daughter," I say as I look back up to him and his face hardens. "I need to find her, I care about her. She didn't make it into the drop ship-"

"You leave my daughter to me." He tells me sternly. "You don't care about anyone other than yourself and your sister."

"You're wrong." I say as I stand to my feet and Kane does also.

"I need to find her." I say, my voice hard. Hoping it would prove that I'm serious about Sawyer.

"If you wanna find her, tell me what we're up against. What tactics do they use? What weapons do they have?" Kane asks.