Chapter forty-one

Chapter forty-one
A

"Mount Weather was destroyed by an internal self destruct mechanism, 49 of our citizens were lost

"Mount Weather was destroyed by an internal self destruct mechanism, 49 of our citizens were lost." My father informs us as we sit around a table inside the Ark.

"So when do we strike back?" Pike asks as I furrow my eyebrows.

"We don't." Abby tells them.

"The Ice Nation did this, the admitted it. The commander will bring them to justice." I explain.

"So, now we're trusting grounders to punish grounders?" Pike asks, a bewildered look on his face before turning to look at Abby. "I'm sorry Madam Chancellor, but I lost more than half of my remaining people yesterday and 4 times that many since we landed. In my experience grounders understand one thing, strength. Plain and simple. We need to hit them now, we need to hit them hard, leave no survivors-"

"Do you not get it?!" I ask, standing up from the stool and leaning my hands on the table in front of me, sending Pike a glare across the table. "The grounders are our allies. If you go shooting up some grounders then that's done! We're back at square one and and you start a war. We've all been through to much and sacrificed too much for you to ruin that just because you're angry!" Pike stares at me for a moment as I hold his gaze.

"Look, this attack by the Ice Nation was against Lexa, not us." My dad tells him as I sigh and sit back on the stool.

"So, are you saying this isn't our fight?" Pike asks.

"I'm saying, it's collateral damage in someone else's war." My dad tries to reason with him.

"But this isn't someone else's war anymore! Look, if we don't defend ourselves they will take what we have! That's what they do!" I run a hand through my hair listening to Pike's words but he was wrong. "Mark my words, the grounders are coming for us."

"We'll take it under advisement. Meeting adjourned." Abby states as everyone apart from her, myself and my dad leaves. I lean on the table and sigh.

"After the election tomorrow, he's your problem." Abby tells my dad as I look up at her and give her a small smile.

She walks out just as I see Bellamy walk in, he looked nervous.

Bellamy hadn't been right since Mount Weather. He had been acting strange and I knew he was wracked with guilt because of what happened.

"Sir?" Bellamy says as he stands behind my dad.

"What aren't you at your post?" My dad asks as he briefly turns to look at him.

Bellamy then takes his guard jacket that he was carrying in his hands and pushes it on the table. Was he resigning?

"Bellamy." I say as he looks at me for a second.