Chapter fifty-nine

Chapter fifty-nine
A

"Marcus, listen to me

"Marcus, listen to me." I crouched down in front of him as he stepped out from the back of the rover. His eyes locked onto mine intently, and I could tell he was slightly panicked. "Just like we practised. You listen to every word Madi tells you, and you don't come out for anything. Understood?" He nodded rapidly as Clarke and Madi came to the back of the rover to join us.

"What about you and Aunt Clarke?" He asked as I leaned over to place a kiss on his head.

"We'll be back soon, I promise." Clarke told him as I stood up and took two handguns from the back of the rover.

"You only shoot this if you have no other option," I told Madi and Marcus, handing them both a weapon each.

"If you shoot it, they'll hear you." Clarke warned them in a slow voice, making sure they understood.

"We'll make sure it's our only choice." Madi replied, looking at Marcus as he nodded in agreement.

"Now, promise us that you will stay in that hole." Clarke said, looking at them sternly, my expression more than likely mirroring my sisters.

"We promise." Marcus said, Madi repeating his words soon after.

"Okay, go." I told them, watching as they ran off towards the caravan. Myself and Clarke waste no time getting back into the rover as I speed off back towards the area that the ship had landed.

"Stay low, no sudden movements and try not to talk unless it's absolutely necessary." I told Clarke as she nodded in agreement. We grabbed two rifles, quickly exiting the rover and making our way up to a mountain ridge.

We lay on our stomachs, making sure to stay as hidden as possible behind the trees. I look through my scope as I see the insanely large ship's doors opening. I watch closely as a woman walks down onto the ground, taking a glance around at her surroundings before turning back to the ship.

"All clear!" I heard her call. My eyes went wide as people upon more people just seemed to be filing out of the ship; each of which, held weapons in their hands. My stomach dropped, knowing fine well that if myself and Clarke were caught, we wouldn't stand a chance.

"2 o'clock." Clarke whispered as I moved my scope to the metaphorical 2 o'clock. I bite my lip as I see a man holding an extremely large weapon. I could only describe it as rocket launcher, but I knew it would do some damage.

"Come on." I tap Clarke on the arm as I pick myself up, Clarke soon following suit as we make our way off the ridge and down into a cave.

"How many bullets do you have?" Clarke asked, crouching down and beginning to count the bullets in her weapon. I furrowed my eyebrows for a second, wondering what she was possibly thinking.